First project car 72 Z

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Nick_72z, Dec 21, 2019.

1. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When you pull that panel one of the knobs cable end will be attached to the vent which is part of the whole kick panel so it comes out as an assembly, the other one I believe is attached to the vent that is on the inner upper part of the firewall, about a 4 x 6 inch plastic piece, I think 4 or 6 sheet metal screws hold it to the wall, you can pull it and detach the cable at that end. The knobs are pressed onto the shaft and the shaft has ridges so they slide on...but don't really come off. I just did a quick search, they have replacement knobs, for some reason Nova came up first, I'm sure if you dig a bit you may find the chrome ones if your looking to replace them. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Kick...F1d_-KW_Bvoc4_gbTw1y3IbZKS79m0IBoCIhsQAvD_BwE

Nick_72z likes this.
  2. Nick_72z

Nick_72z New Member

Thanks, that helped a lot. Unfortunately I broke the cable that goes up to the firewall area. So I'll be looking for a replacement when i get to that point.

3. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

971321B8-68D8-4FB7-A728-307E45F05F77.png Here’s a picture of where it attaches at the vent door

Nick_72z likes this.