Flatspotting on your tires is a REAL thing....

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Guys,
I've been using a set of Flat-stopper things made by Race Ramps under my tires ever since Xmas.
I can tell you without any doubt THEY WORK. I have no thumping or strange vibes now after I pull the car out after sitting for weeks.....and drive up to 60-70 mph. It would usually go away after about 10 miles....but it was still annoying as hell.
These things are the real deal. They work.
full

Last edited:

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
I have never ever had a problem with flattening. In the winter I put in 40 psi and in the spring let it out to 34 psi. In the winter I have plastic and cardboard under the car to keep the moisture off the under body.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I have never ever had a problem with flattening. In the winter I put in 40 psi and in the spring let it out to 34 psi. In the winter I have plastic and cardboard under the car to keep the moisture off the under body.
Same here.

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
then are expensive tho .... but ya id like a a set for the zl1 , heard they don't last long and rubber starts to peel? give us a update down the road

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
The last tires I had that flat spotted from sitting were the old nylon tires. After the manfacturers switched to rayon and then polyester I never had that problem again even if the vehicles sit for months at a time.

Apr 30, 2015
Southern VA
I had a 2000 SS that I owned for several years and the tires would definitely flat spot when the car sat for a few weeks without moving. Drove me crazy! I think these flat stoppers would be great for a car that sits a lot.