Flippin' the bird ????

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by CASEY CAJUN, Jun 11, 2013.

1. CASEY CAJUN

CASEY CAJUN New Member

If someone was filming you on a phone, camera, etc., and the purpose was to try to "catch" you doing something wrong or to irritate you so you would react negatively, is it a crime to flip them the bird? I've flipped off many people in my younger days, but I must admit, if I throw my finger up at you, it's better than a punch.

Another one. I was standing in front of my father's business and the dude starts filming me with his camera, Hollywood style. The last time we had an incident, the police instructed me to call them the next time he starts filming me. So I called 911, but then I had an itch and scratched my crotch. When the police showed up, they asked him if he wanted to press charges against me because I upset him while he was shooting video of me and he noticed that I scratched my balls. I upset HIM? On my dad's property minding my own business?

Now the normal thing for the cops to do would be to tell the nut to stop his filming of me when I'm obviously doing nothing wrong, and for me to take care of my itch in private :D

To clear everything up, it's a step-family issue--the steps are trying to do a takeover of everything, and I mean everything, my father owns. They even tried to changed the locks and install an alarm system in his own building to lock him out! I showed up the next day with a drill gun and took care of the new locks for him, so the war was on. But what was I to do? Let them lock him out and take over his business he's had for decades? Possession is 9/10s of the law--he would have never been able to kick them out (his wife, my step-mother, gave them her 1/2 of the building...that he GAVE her). Nuts, but that's making a long story short, and I think you get the idea.

So has anyone ever been filmed flippin' the bird...or scratching their nuts or worse? I'll be 60 in a few months and can't believe that I'm now a celebrity on the boulevard.

2. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

depends on where you live.. It's not here in alabama, you would have to make them feel "threatened" for harassment, or cause an actual disturbance for disorderly conduct.........they could still try to swear out a warrant for you (given that they knew who you were). Even then it's up to the magistrate to weed out the BS stuff. Sometimes the cops have to write a report even when they know it's crap.

Anybody can come after you in civil court for ANYTHING nowadays....your best bet is to blow it off...

There's no way for the steps to take your father's business unless they already own a piece.... He should have the paperwork for this...

Sounds like youre gonna have to take them to court over the business crap

3. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

my neighbor calls the law everytime I start my Z...
    the last time I was "filling his house with noxious fumes"...lol:crazy:

the deputy and I had a good laugh.. the deputy came out back and we started it again... he was a gearhead too.

but the neighbor still filed the complaint and I did have to go to court to point out I did nothing wrong, was not during "quiet time," beyond 50 feet from the property line etc...

it could well turn into who has the most money to lawyer-up... go for the throat.
    no screwing around and be done with it.

good luck with the in/outlaws...

4. Z-WIZZ

Z-WIZZ Veteran Member

there has been a big issue about this in regards to filming cops, from what I understand, ( im not a lawyer) basically if your out in public, you can be filmed, case closed. as far as the guy filming getting upset at what he sees? don't think that would fly

5. zekefreak

zekefreak Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hold up a big mirror so that all he films is himself filming. When he tries to maneuver around the mirror keep moving the mirror. All his film will show is how he is harassing you.

Another thing, when he shows up, just go inside the building and don't let him in. You have the right to refuse entrance.

Obviously there is a lot of bad blood going on and we don't know the whole story. Our opinions don't hold much weight. Can you get a restraining order against him?

6. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

One thing you can do is go out with him and get him good and drunk, let him drive himself home and as soon as he leaves call the police and report him.

OR.... call an attorney both parties agree to, hire him to be a mediator and have a sit down and hash things out. Somehow someone feels like they were cheated or owed something. If it's laid out in black and white / cold hard facts, I'd be willing to bet this will all go away. Unless they're stupid and or crazy... then go with option #1.

Then there's option number 3... who happens to be a guy I know who can get stuff resolved (legally), lol.....

7. 81 Sport Coupe

81 Sport Coupe Veteran Member

history teacher told me that the when the french was doing some war the french pows would get there middle finger cut off and the other guys would stick there finger up to show "I got mine" I was also told it orginited from somthing profane... just thought id share that, seeing as how im board at work. I see your kinda new to nasty.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

You can rise your middle finger all you want.
    There are no laws that can stop it, it's a first amendment right.
    Someone bigger may take offense, but that's your problem.

9. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So, Case is a friend of mine and fellow Camaro fiend. He just came by and showed me the "evidence" that his stepbrother has against him. I can't believe that the po po are even fooling with this, it is a civil dispute at best.

Really dealing with the death of their mom, Casey of course protecting his dad.

The worse thing they have is also the funniest. In fact, I had to clip it and add a caption,

Case, this ones for you!

[​IMG]

I can only imagine the smiles on faces in the courtroom when this shot is played.

;)

RichP

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  10. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro American by birth, drag racer by choice

When I had my '78 Caprice I had a saying, "Signals broken, finger works!"

This started when an old guy screamed at me in a parking lot for not signaling into a space.