Floor pan panel recommendations

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by 81Z28LS, Jun 9, 2020.

1. 81Z28LS

81Z28LS Member

My '81 needs floor pan work and I have a body shop lined up to do the work. Passenger side needs to be replaced from toe board to rear foot well. I thought about the one piece panel from Camaro Central that includes the toe board area.

Questions... has anyone used these and how do they fit? One drawl back is factory had two sections of metal with a seam between floor and toe board and using this one piece will not look factory. Should that be a concern?

2. balloonpilot

balloonpilot New Member

My buddy restores classic cars for a living and suggested ground up ss396 pans.
    I will be installing mine in the next 3 weeks.

3. 76 for 26

76 for 26 Member

I purchased a full pan from NPD and was pretty pleased. I had the normal issues of what appeared to me to be metal maybe not placed in the press square (had to add a little here and cut some there), but all and all not that bad. Torque boxes a hair off, but was able to cheat some and square up. Test will be is everything fits right when I pull it off the jig...but if the tape isn’t wrong, should be good to go. I would ask how much the shop would charge you doing it one way versus the other. One easier And time saving (I think), but metal is more expensive versus half pans. My novice “been trying to get my car done for many years now” 2 cents...ha/ha,

4. 81Z28LS

81Z28LS Member

Thanks for the input, guys. I went with Sherman. Passenger side includes toe box and goes all the way back under the rear seat (one piece). Made in USA! I'll post up later after installation (going to body shop early July).