Flowmonster Dual Chamber Mufflers

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Patstuff28, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

Thanks muscl car, I’m running a 305 in this car and only have a 2 1/4” exhaust system on it.

muscl car likes this.
  2. Z28zz383

Z28zz383 Veteran Member

Flowmonster=another chinese knockoff

3. T/A Tom

T/A Tom Member

I had some 2-1/2” Thrush Welded mufflers on a ‘70 Chevy truck with a warmed over 402 in it and they sounded fantastic. I can’t comment on their longevity because I sold the truck shortly after the exhaust was done, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again. Also had Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers on a ‘72 El Camino SS 350 and they were great too, and had a pretty unique sound. I’ve never had Flowmasters on anything but in my opinion they are way overpriced. Bought the Thrush mufflers at Advance and with all the online discounts they offer they were dirt cheap! Hope this helps! Please let us know what you go with and how it turns out

4. Patstuff28

The Flowmonsters are Flowmaster’s budget brand. They are $49.99 each in Canada which is a very good price for up here. Anything Hooker is big dollars up here. The car is being stored for the winter in a few weeks so I still have lots of time until next spring to find something. The mufflers on it are like new but a bit too quiet for my taste.

5. 75isalive

75isalive New Member

I have a set of 3” two chamber Summit brand mufflers that are made by Flowmaster but at a reduced cost that sound great with our built 406 and are holding out just fine so far. I put a cat-back system on our 5th gen and they are still going strong after 7 years.

6. T/A Tom

T/A Tom Member

Thanks

Ok, didn’t realize that you were in Canada. I’m in Wisconsin so winter isn’t too far away from us either, unfortunately. I don’t know if you have Advance Auto Parts stores up there but that’s where I picked up the Thrush Welded mufflers. Just offering another possible option. Let us know how it works out. Thanks again

7. Postmech

Postmech Member

I had a complete 3'' exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers, no crossover, way too loud and too much drone. Plus it would drag on a piss ant. Now I have a crossflow flowmaster with a balance tube and its perfect. Great sound and no drone. No more killing piss ants. Super turbo mufflers are great also, good sound and low restriction.

JStucker likes this.
  8. Patstuff28

Yes T/A Tom, we can get the Thrush Welded mufflers up here and a couple of other copycat versions. There even used to be a Thrush manufacturing plant up here just west of Toronto, before the big race to the bottom started, to get the cheapest product at the cheapest price.

9. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

If I wanted to avoid drone, the LAST thing I would run would be a low budget Flowmaster clone.
    The Thursh is a good choice the 17713 should be pretty much perfect for the Camaro.
    Offset in, Center Out.

10. T/A Tom

T/A Tom Member

Lowend, I agree. They sounded awesome on my truck, and I think you’d be very happy with them. On the other hand I put some Thrush Turbo mufflers on an ‘85 C10 and I hated the way it sounded. In all fairness it could have been because it had a stock 305 with factory manifolds on it, but either way I’ll never buy those again. I’m running a stock exhaust with a crossflow on my TA because I wanted that original Pontiac sound and I just don’t like the way mufflers look when they’re mounted under an F body.
    Lots of personal taste involved when building your car and to each his own. I appreciate hearing others opinions and experiences