Flush Mount Trimless Glass

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by dave@ztech, Jun 27, 2017.

1. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the correct forum, it is a retrofit, and is high tech, anyway, what are your thoughts, expense not being one of the topics, as we all spend crazy money for certain modifications, and this is just that , and modification, I have posted a couple of pictures, just to remind everyone of the concept, and result, so what are your thoughts, is this a great look , or not??? flush mount 1.jpg flush mount 1.jpg flush mount 2.jpg flush mount 3.jpg

Attached Files:

tomsti and branbell like this.
  2. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

I always thought that this mod would be way cool. However, now that I see it I am not so sure. It has got to be better aerodynamically and I really like the rear glass. On the front, the transition at the top of the windshield is a little awkward and not much smoother than the stock trim (airflow-wise).

3. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

image.jpg I love that look, i did mine about 8 years ago with the original size glass, I extend the sheetmetal in to close the gap

Zstar, la-rue and xten like this.
  4. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

Like it, where do you get that?

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It looks pretty good if you are looking at only the front and rear windows.

The lack of drip rails and the modified door window sweeps carry the look around the roof but I'm not sure I like the lack of drip rails.
    I would like to see what it would look like with blacked out drip rails and the vertical piece at the rear of the door windows.

It's completely painted and there are those unused studs on the upper edge of the door where the other trim was removed.
    What do you plan to do there?

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Maybe I'm used to looking at them in stock configuration, but the windows in the blue on look huge with a fat strip of electrical tape around them. I know a guy that bought them for his 69 and they fit like crap. He had days in modifying the window openings. On the other hand, I think Bills look slick. I've seen them. But I know he has a lot of time and work to get them just right. The way he did them look like that's how the car was made. For some reason I think the bigger ones (like on the blue car) don't "flow" right on this body style. JMO

7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

branbell likes this.
  8. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I'm old school. Back in the 50s and 60s, the cheaper models had no trim around the windows and the higher end models had the shiny trim. Because of that, taking off the chrome gives a cheap look to me. Sorry, but that is the way I see it.

72BIGBLOCK and biendog like this.
  9. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

I personally love the flush mount glass and think it adds a nice modern touch. I've lost a couple of the trim pieces at high speeds so this would be nice...the price is a bit high though and would love to see it come down just a bit.

10. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

That rear window install is magnificent! I would love to see a picture of the windshield.