Flush Mount Trimless Glass

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by dave@ztech, Jun 27, 2017.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

"Professional installation is highly, highly recommended" - not just highly, lol

2. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I like the moldings it give the car style

cadillac_al likes this.
  3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Veteran Member

I've have thought about flush mount glass, but didn't know it was available for 78. Good to know we have that option. But after seeing the blue car at beginning of this post I'm not so sure I want it. What I'm not liking is the width of the black band, it's seems too wide. I think it draws too much attention to the glass. So rather than being a subtle change it stands out. I think the car I saw this on must have had dark tinting that didn't show the band. I'm not ruling it out, but will probably stay with stock glass and blacked out trim.

4. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I absolutely love the look, but have been reading poor reviews of Fesler on Pro-touring and Lateral-g. Not exactly confidence-inspiring.

I looked at this a while back (and need to look at it again fresh) but it looked to me like the stock glass had potential for a flush-ish fit without a ton of rework on a 75-81. The angled shape of the front and rear glass both seem like you could scooch the glass and only have to rework one of the 4 edges.

The front glass has angled sides that will come in tighter to the A-pillar if the top of the glass is pushed closer to the roof. So you'd get a bigger gap at the bottom, but that may be irrelevant as long as it is still low enough to seal to the cowl and the wipers don't run off.

The rear glass is angled the opposite way, where it looks like the glass can be slid backward toward the trunk filler, bringing the bottom side edges closer to the window channel. That leaves welding at the roof and front sides of the B-pillars, but that is mostly a straight line and easier to fabricate.