Found some intersting stuff in a used car

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by XxWickedz28xX, Sep 1, 2013.

1. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just bought a used car to get me back and forth to work. Last DD died at 307k.

It needed rear speakers, one was crackling. So I pop the trunk and am looking at the speakers to size them up when I see some paper stuffed in between the sheet metal.

They are NYS drivers licenses for 3 different people, all still valid. 2 women and 1 man, all from the same area (Queens NY). Then I find a valid NYS transporter license plate stuffed in between the trunk carpeting. :screwup:

I googled the names expecting the worst. Only one comes up with something, a recent wedding registry.

Carfax came up ok, and the car is registered to me now. Any problems with the car would have popped up at DMV while I was registering it right?

What should I do with these things? Shred, return with letter explaining the circumstances, return on the quiet?

2. sceld71

sceld71 Veteran Member

I would probably return them

3. rickcact

rickcact Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Take all the things you found to your local police dept. Let them sort it out.

4. 77z28327

77z28327 Veteran Member

A friend that does body work was telling me about a caddy rear quarter they got from a salvage yard, when they were cleaning it up they found a old rusted up pistol that was inside the body by the wheel well. He said they cut it up and tossed it. A pistol tucked inside the body of a caddy seems like a bad story for someone somewhere.

5. PaRoadDawg

PaRoadDawg Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That might solve an identity theft or two.

6. Z-WIZZ

Z-WIZZ Veteran Member

knew a guy that bought an old cop car at auction, still had a shotgun in trunk

7. 72Heaven

72Heaven Veteran Member

I was at a Police auction, and lost a bid on a '78 Trans Am, picked up a '77 instead. The new owner of the '78 held up a HUGE brick of pot and asked, "Can I keep this?" The officer there assured him he could not.

8. Strange81Z

Strange81Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

He prolly should have just kept his mouth shut....if he truly wanted to keep it. LOL!

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

When I ran a salvage yard in the early 80's, we bought 8 retired police cars. 4 were fixable and of the other 4, only one could move by itself and that was about 5 mph. The back seats were in various conditions and when I pulled the seat out of the 5 mph special to put in one of the other ones, I found a large bag with heroin in it. I wasn't sure what it was but called our police liason and he showed up with the troops. We pulled all the seats out and besides the bag of heroin, we found several syringes in another one. The guy that was hauled in the car last was still in jail waiting for trial. I don't think he was happy about that. The car was a last minute addition to the auction as it threw a rod at speed.

I also found a whole case of KY Jelly in the back of a car once too.

10. reinhardt79

reinhardt79 Veteran Member

I worked at a auto salvage yard 10 years ago, and found all kinds of stuff. A small pistol under the battery, a glock in the trunk of another, bag of rotten meat in the August sun, all kinds of fun.