Found some old PC parts.

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
Clearing out boxes in the garage came across this stuff here.

cpuso.jpg

mobos.jpg

Brand New in the box, I had won it at an intel event back in prob '99
networkdjw.jpg

DDR2/72Pin SIMM/32Pin SIMM/SDRAM - Memory
rammaj.jpg

This I will keep, this is from my very first job when I was 16.
movied.jpg

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
LOL......microwaves have faster chips in them these days. :crazy:

ISA slots......ack.....ack.....SIMM's .....ack.....ack....
I got my A+ certification when all that was the hottest on the market. :crazy:

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
Keizer said:
It's gotta be old stuff because none of it looks cool. What was your first job Jav??

I worked at a movie theater. I was a freshman in highschool and my best friend tried talking trash to me cause he got a job working at some cell phone booth in the mall, and would always try to bring up the fact I didnt have a job, so I went and got a job to shut him up and ended up making made more money than him . I started out as an usher, then worked my way to assitant manager...lol but at the time I was the youngest manager for Cineplex Odeon. Honestly though it was the best job I ever had to this day. As a manager I would work 13hr days back to back sometimes and I enjoyed it.

Keizer

BANNED
Jan 17, 2005
Wa State
Javelin3o4 said:
I worked at a movie theater. I was a freshman in highschool and my best friend tried talking trash to me cause he got a job working at some cell phone booth in the mall, and would always try to bring up the fact I didnt have a job, so I went and got a job to shut him up and ended up making made more money than him . I started out as an usher, then worked my way to assitant manager...lol but at the time I was the youngest manager for Cineplex Odeon. Honestly though it was the best job I ever had to this day. As a manager I would work 13hr days back to back sometimes and I enjoyed it.

I had a buddy that was a projectionist at a movie theater. It was an old tall building. I wold hang out in the projection room while he started the movie. Then we would go up on the roof and drink beer.

One time around 3 AM after the joint was closed, we showed my old super 8 movie I had made on the big screen. We fired up some popcorn and drank some beer. The good ol days.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Ah those good old days. I was a projectionist in the army when Bullet hit the theater. The chase scene was on the end of a reel, rewound and replayed it a couple dozen times. Still one of my favorites.

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
I had to run the projectors too. I remember I had several mis-haps when threading the projector. Mainly forgetting to put the platter that had the move on it to "payout" so it would spin, so the movie would wrap around the center and snap. I would then have to issue vouchers and cancel the next showing because how long it would take to fix it.

I also had the pully right above the projector collapse (not my fault) and the film get hung up and the bulb burn the film. (this is actually a pretty cool site to see on the screen).

JOE1980DIRTe

Mar 6, 2009
OP, Kansas
it kinda makes me sad that stuff like that doesnt even have value anymore. its still really advanced for some people and fun to me. i dont whip out the 386 to play Oregon trail or anything but damn...

WBowie

Veteran Member
Feb 24, 2001
Grovetown, GA
One of my first jobs was working for General Cinemas before they got bought out. This was back in the late 80s and some of the movies I ushered for were:

Driving Miss Daisy
Hard to Kill
Die Hard
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Hunt For Red October
Tremors
The Little Mermaid
Back to the Future II
Total Recall
Glory
Night Breed

Just to name a few...LOL

It was a blast to get to see the films before everyone else when the projectionist was setting up for an opening. The night before our manager would let the night crew stay late and watch the run through. It was awesome

warped

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
You call that old? I haven't seen it for years, but I have some old 30 pin simms, a lot of ISA cards, some coax based network cards and the mother of all cards -- a full size (front of case to backplane) that allowed you to add a second printer port and as a bonus, allowed you to increase system ram from 512kb to 640kb. It literally weighs 3 pounds and probably has 3-4 oz. of gold plating the hundreds of components. It fit into a PC-Xt with an 8088 processor and a 10 mb hd. I've also got a few mother boards where you have to use jumpers to set the fsb and clock multiplier. Now those were the days!

Latest posts