Front and Rear Window Trim - Installed

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by jteenstra, Sep 2, 2019.

1. jteenstra

jteenstra Moderator Staff Member

My younger son and I installed the front and rear window trim yesterday. It's nice to get some more parts out of the house and back on the Camaro. The trim has really brightened the appearance!
    I had the trim plating stripped and attempted to sand and polish it - and promptly gave up. I sent the trim to Eberts Trim Restoration (and a bunch of dollars) for polishing and plating. It's pretty damn nice, I'm very happy with it.
    As an FYI, the aftermarket metal trim clips suck. I reused the original clips for the windshield but had only two original ones left for the back. The A/M clips don't lock into place and don't hold for crap. There's nothing like the original metal. Anyone have 10-or 12 they would like to part with?!

20190901_151940.jpg 20190901_152049.jpg

2. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

That looks really nice! I have had decent luck with aveco brand ones. Finding decent trim to start with has been a big issue. Haha

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Post a pic of the clips. I have a whole bag of new ones and some old ones. Maybe the new ones are a different brand/better?

Do you have a good source for a glass installer? I need my existing rear glass put in and a new windshield. If he is good, install the trim as well.

And, most importantly, the car is looking good! You are further along than I am.

4. jteenstra

dcozzi:

I bought a bunch of windshield trim clips from a 74 Z28 that a local guy and his dad is parting out. The new ones look very similar, just not nearly as good.

I looked for the guys business card that installed my windshield but couldn't find it. Nice guy, did good work. Offered to come help install the trim when I was ready. I'll keep after it and let you know.

Thank you for the compliment! It's been far too long of a project. Someone special has lit a fire under my ass - I have a girlfriend cracking the whip on me to finish the Camaro to drive her and I to a party next month - all the friends will be there. Oh boy!

5. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Thanks.
    I fired up mine last night for the first time in many years. It was stinky, loud and wonderful.
    Drive carefully!

71RSLS and dale68z like this.
  6. jteenstra

dcozzi,

Good job with the Camaro start up! Fun stuff!

I inadvertently found the glass company while looking for tire photos.
    Sun Valley Auto Glass 480-722-1885

CIMG3471.JPG

dcozzi likes this.
  7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Thank you jteenstra!!!!

8. jojoz

jojoz New Member

hey hows it going I have a 73 camaro .I was wondering if you have any pix of the front window lower trim the kit that I got came with the lower plastic trim and clips and not sure how they go on . any help would be great …..thanks!

9. jteenstra

Hey jojoz, sorry I didn't see your comment till now.
    I'm not sure what plastic lower trim you're refering to. The "eyebrow" perhaps? If so, I have not installed mine yet.

John T