Front lower Valance

valleyguy

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
Got a new lower front valance from JEGS (OER brand) for my 71 Camaro, which fits like, well, it doesn't . Has anyone had good luck with any other brand?
thanks

7dcamaro

Veteran Member
Apr 10, 2012
Warner Robins, GA
RS or non RS? I installed the OER RS version on my 70 RS and it actually fit pretty well. Can't speak to the non RS version though. You sure you got the correct version for your car?

70-camaro

Veteran Member
Mar 25, 2010
marietta ohio
RS or non RS? I installed the OER RS version on my 70 RS and it actually fit pretty well. Can't speak to the non RS version though. You sure you got the correct version for your car?
Just a thought,did you install the support rods? I had no problem with one I had on my 70 for a short time.

valleyguy

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
Mine is the Non-RS model; it doesn't even come close to fitting. Was'nt aware that I needed support rods? who sells those?

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
Mine which I believe is an EOR piece fit perfectly, meets all the body contours. I believe I bought a set of front spoiler braces for a 1st gen Camaro and made them work. Just used the 2 short pieces at the ends. Attached to spoiler and then marked a hole on the bottom of the frame and drilled and tapped it for a 5/16-20 standard body bolt. I just looked and the struts have got some rust on them, guess I will pull them and throw a coat of SPS Epoxy primer and some PPG single stage black on them.

Smokin'Joe

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Texas
If the fit is that bad you may want to ensure you got the correct spoiler for the standard front end. There is a noticeable difference in curvature between the RS and non RS versions and one won't fit very well on the other. Also, although the spoiler rods should be added, they only offer support and will not make the spoiler conform to fit better.

--