Fuel pump for BPE 396 crate.

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by ClassicRob1977, Oct 16, 2021.

1. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

while we are on the subject of fuel pumps ,i have complete new fuel system trying to prime . have used vac pump not working tried a couple of times powering on nothing ? help please nothing on web it's a carter in line hard line AN fittings tried with gas cap on and off, has factory set up for system trying to pull to carb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  2. ClassicRob1977

ClassicRob1977 Member

Shes fired up and runs and drives amazing! Sound is great with the Flowmaster Delta 50's. I ended up going with an Edelbrock Performer RPM mechanical pump (110gph) and it keeps a perfect 6psi according to the Aeromotive fuel pressure gauge. Power is excellent and everything fit well. I did have to trim the top ear of the left long tube header so it would not hit the floor on accel. I took maybe 5/16" off and it did the trick while still keeping most of the hole intact for the collector bolt. Other than that, this has all gone really smooth!

Power is amazing. This sucker will chirp 4th gear and I put a few cars on a bolt on Coyote 5.0 headed back from the car show yesterday. The kid driving thought I had an LS swap (yuck). No kid, this is your dads era mild small block. He didnt want to talk after that.

Heres a few pics of the car as it sits. I also added 1 1/8" spacers on the rear so the rear wheels sit out like they should. Looks great!
    77Z28side.jpg
    bpe396finished.jpg
    spacer.jpg

roadrace2, hubedobeedo and G72Zed like this.
  3. ClassicRob1977

ClassicRob1977 Member

Sure wish I could upload an idle video.

4. ClassicRob1977

ClassicRob1977 Member

Is the fuel pick up tube ok?

5. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Very nice ClissicRob1977.

Love the "LS swap yuk" as well .....LOL

ClassicRob1977 likes this.
  6. ClassicRob1977

ClassicRob1977 Member

Next mods are going to be some suspension stuff. I just order a set of Bilsteins. I am going to go with the Hotchkis TVS deal, here in a couple months. I also have a weird vibration at 90+ which could be the ujoints. So I may as well start tackling that too with a better driveshaft and rebalance the wheels.

Edit, not too sure on the TVS springs. I really dont want the car any lower. I like the way it sits now.

7. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

ye come to find out i did rookie uupsy and had pump wires backwards. works great now . you car looks nice glad to hear you are out enjoying it .i fired mine up today runs great have a few leak issues to address . i got big ass smile on my face! last time ran on own was 2010 omg.

MChamp and ClassicRob1977 like this.