Gas pedal mounting pics needed

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by Camaromurph, May 29, 2021.

1. Camaromurph

Camaromurph Veteran Member

Hi all. Strange request for those with stock engine and factory carb setup. Can you post up a pic of the gas pedal mounting at the firewall. Maybe one that shows the mount up close and one backed up of the pedals themselves. Attached is a picture of a close up similar to what I am looking for. I’m very much interested in the position of the little moving pin in the bracket. Once again, stock engine with factory carb would be nice. If other than that please state so.
    Murph
    upload_2021-5-29_9-53-29.jpeg

2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think I have some pics that might help you. Let me take a look.

3. biker

biker Veteran Member

Hey Murph, I just took these. My switch is in the stock position, cable and pedal are stock (different carb) but I forgot that I had to rig up a return spring for the switch for some reason. Can't remember why, but the switch is original and in the stock position.
    Let me know if u need anything else. I'm in the garage til my wife finds out. 20210530_160905.jpg 20210530_160855.jpg

4. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

Here are a couple pics of a disassembled pedal mount . I hope it helps. 1977

Attached Files:

5. Camaromurph

Camaromurph Veteran Member

Great, looking forward to it.

Perfect. So the little pin in the center of the 3 bolt mounting with the pedal in the “at rest” position is nearly at the top of the slot.

Thanks for the pics. Really need to see it mounted in the car with the throttle cable hooked up to see what I am looking for.

Keep the pictures coming.