Gas Station

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by camarolife78, Aug 9, 2015.

1. camarolife78

camarolife78 Veteran Member

So you know that feeling you get, when you finally get to drive your Camaro to the gas station for the first time after a long project? Yea that was me today...

And on top of that it was a super busy gas station...so when I came pulling in....EVERYONE seemed to stop what they were doing and turn around...yea I love classics..

[​IMG]

2. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

[​IMG]

3. Charlie Brengun

Charlie Brengun Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That always happens here where you don't see a lot of old american cars or at least that's what I remember it's been 6 years since I've pulled into a gas station with one of the toys..

congrats on getting the car on the road, it looks really nice.

4. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

hell

yes

5. txwooley

txwooley Veteran Member

I don't see a front tag or stickers in the windshield. Some cops lack an appreciation for classic cars. When we finally got the Lil Red Express (I know, not a car or a Chevy) running, we 'test drove' it to the gas station to fill it up. There was a County Sheriff on his way to work that came over to look at the truck. Plates expired by almost 10 years, no inspection sticker, no proof of insurance. I had to call the wife to come get me and then go get the truck out of impound the following Monday.

Almost a $1000 lesson.

6. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

My friend drives his 65 cobra (factory 5) car for 6 years now with just inspection. Never got it registered. He has a plate on the back from the store that says Sith Lord with a picture of Darth Vader.

7. BowHunter

BowHunter Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Some states do not have front plates or stickers like Arkansas only back plates and with no inspections

8. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Really? because when I did it no body gave a @$#*. I only got a look from a guy wearing a navy hat. Even the kid at the gas station didn't give a crap. He only had a look like where the hell is the gas tank.
    But yours is nicer looking. Mine is still three different colors. Red, primer black and primer grey.

But also people are not that surprised, there is always a car meet at either a home depot, Pathmark, car parts store or restaurant around here in the summer.

But my feeling was, please start again, please start again... your feeling may have varied lol.

9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Sometimes a hard hitting, radical cam lope adds to the whole 'presentation'.

10. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

that's what happens to me when i pull into a gas station with the hood off and with drag radials on the rear . i don't even get out of the Camaro and already surrounded by onlookers asking questions