Gauge Marks "Customer's Cars"

77RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 18, 2006
Asheboro, NC
dale68z said:
Here is mine.
Daniel's restoration kit, with oil pressure gauge.
Daniel was a great help,giving me details on how to paint the faces, and needles.
He also was completely correct that the OER gauge carrier does not position the gauges properly. I have a whole bunch of time getting the gauges to fit properly

Man, you did a fantastic job restoring those gauges; especially if you modified the OER housing to make it fit. Good grief, that must have been time consuming! Thanks for posting the pics! Love the color of your car!

nicks78camaro said:
Why is there a 5k redline on the tach of the one above?

5k is the standard redline for most 2nd Gen Camaros with 7 grand tach and V8 engine. There were a few exceptions (ie: early solid lifter cars, and 73-74 Z28). Hope this helps.
Thanks!
Daniel

nicks78camaro

Veteran Member
Apr 3, 2010
Pittsburgh
77RS said:
Man, you did a fantastic job restoring those gauges; especially if you modified the OER housing to make it fit. Good grief, that must have been time consuming! Thanks for posting the pics! Love the color of your car!

5k is the standard redline for most 2nd Gen Camaros with 7 grand tach and V8 engine. There were a few exceptions (ie: early solid lifter cars, and 73-74 Z28). Hope this helps.
Thanks!
Daniel

Oh ok, the 6k redline in that white one must be custom then I'm assuming? Is that another one of your talents with gauges, custom redlines?

77RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 18, 2006
Asheboro, NC
nicks78camaro said:
Oh ok, the 6k redline in that white one must be custom then I'm assuming? Is that another one of your talents with gauges, custom redlines?

Yes, redlines can be custom set to customer specs. For example, if a particular engine redlines @ 5200, the customer may want the yellow to start at 4700; red at 5200.

The 6 grand redline was standard on 73-74 Z28.

dale68z

Veteran Member
May 14, 2009
Peoria Arizona
Thanks Daniel

Ahh, yes, the OER carrier is exactly like you said. It took a couple hours of trial and error to reposition the outer gauges.
Then,,, found some of the bulb holes were a little off, so some more mods to fix that.

Then..... got it installed and turned on the lights. The stinking plastic in the carrier is so thin the lights bleed thru the plastic and light up the turn signal indicators (it did not bleed thru the other indicators, though). I tried sealing the bezel to the carrier, no difference. Finally pulled it all back apart, and used duct tape on the inside of the carrier, problem solved. I ended up painting the inside of the carrier. No more light bleed through.

Yep, the OER carrier sucks. But gaugemarks is awesome. Thanks Daniel!!

harbone66

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 15, 2011
Central Illinois
I might as well throw in my 79 Z28 I sold last year, I bought a 6K redline tach (car had a ZZ4 crate motor) and a oil psi gauge from Daniel.

Old tach on the left, new tach on the right

23008016-864.jpg

Installed in the cluster

23008026-642.jpg

23008032-577.jpg

22213407-633.jpg

olstyle

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 27, 2008
Crestwood IL.
77RS said:
Thanks Guy! You did an amazing job with this car! Your build thread is surely the most viewed single thread to ever be posted on NastyZ28.com!

Also, I want to give your business props...

Guy powdercoated a set of gauges faces in "silver vein" for me. When I slow down enough at the shop, I'm going to build a spectacular set of gauges out of these! His work is spectacular!
Thanks for the props Daniel. Can't wait to see those gauges!!!

Latest posts