getting old is a pain.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Awesome man. Walking is the best possible thing for health if you can do it. Biking is great too. If unable to do those things, anything physical you can do for 20 minutes or so per day that makes you breathe hard is excellent.

I think it's the weight lifting that makes all the difference. Today as I picked up some BBC heads I could just stand there and the head did not feel all that heavy like last year when I stopped using the weights at the gym due to covid.

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
C-reactive protein.
Got an appointment this Monday. I'll ask about that. My hands and feet have been cracking and bleeding plus itching. Tried every kind of lotion I see and Anti fungal stuff too. I super glued the cracks just to function. Nothing works, I suspect eczema. A friend suggested plain old Vaseline. 2 weeks and most of the cracks are gone but still itch. Insatiable itch.

Bikefixr

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 2006
I'm 60. Just started my 3rd career as a Registered Nurse. (Passed my Boards Dec 2019 and oldest person to graduate from my College program). No surgeries ever. No hospitalizations ever. No tooth cavities. No Arthritis. Yet this year, I bent over. That's all, just bent over and pulled the 3 small muscles that hold the femur into the pelvis. 1 month of ass-spasms so bad I couldn't walk without help. 1 more month of pain. Then 4 weeks ago, I went to bed. That's it. Woke up with excruciating knee pain. Getting slowly better. 3 Ibuprofen every 6 hours. I polished off one of those giant sized COSTCO bottles that usually lasts someone 2 years. Youth is wasted on young people.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Before I had my stents put in my C-reactive numbers were really high, after the Doc put me on Statins that number is in the toilet at .32, normal for people is 1.3-1.5 range. CRP is an inflammatory marker for heart disease.

RMTZ28

Veteran Member
Mar 29, 2015
Abq. nm
Blood markers for inflammation? How would that be listed on a routine blood workup? Often wondered about that.[/QUOTE

I think if your blood platelets are up its due to inflammation. Don't quote me on it cause I lost my medical degree for not going to medical school.

Mike N

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
Spencerport, NY.
Awesome man. Walking is the best possible thing for health if you can do it. Biking is great too. If unable to do those things, anything physical you can do for 20 minutes or so per day that makes you breathe hard is excellent.

I'm on my feet all day. Being an auto mechanic, I'm constantly walking around the shop, in and out of the parking lot, parts room, front office etc.... I've thought about getting one of those fit bit things to track how many steps I take every day.

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
Got an appointment this Monday. I'll ask about that. My hands and feet have been cracking and bleeding plus itching. Tried every kind of lotion I see and Anti fungal stuff too. I super glued the cracks just to function. Nothing works, I suspect eczema. A friend suggested plain old Vaseline. 2 weeks and most of the cracks are gone but still itch. Insatiable itch.

I have the same problem only on my hands. I use Walmart squirt bottle aloe. Only thing I have found that works, and it feels very good.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
I've had a knee replacement done on my right knee in 2015 and have had (5) revision surgeries on that same knee since then . Then in January 2020 I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease which also affected my l/ arm and l/ leg and is linked to chemical exposure in the Military 40 years ago

Both my left leg and arm I've developed a neurological disorder that has limited the use of those limbs . This now makes it hard just to walk or use my arm and now it's become harder now to get around or work on my Camaro

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
I've had a knee replacement done on my right knee in 2015 and have had (5) revision surgeries on that same knee since then . Then in January 2020 I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease which also affected my l/ arm and l/ leg and is linked to chemical exposure in the Military 40 years ago

Both my left leg and arm I've developed a neurological disorder that has limited the use of those limbs . This now makes it hard just to walk or use my arm and now it's become harder now to get around or work on my Camaro
Sorry to hear this. Have you developed nOH at all?

Latest posts