getting old is a pain.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Jimmac, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

i know the first two are blood pressure meds.
    I had to quit the amlodipine because it made my feet swell.

Yup… sucks getting old.

I swear somebody turned up gravity over the past few years because getting up off of the garage floor is tough. :(

Dave Nelson likes this.
  2. biker

biker Veteran Member

Absolutely weights are essential. Bone density, muscle mass, tendon strength, hormone production. But, some people just have too many limitations, and it's easy to do more harm than good if you are learning.

3. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

How much life insurance do you have……

gramps, Mike N, tom3 and 2 others like this.
  4. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You mean Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension ?? , yes I was diagnosed with it after my last knee replacement revision in 2019

5. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Yes. I was diagnosed with Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension in 2019 as well. i don't have Parkinson's disease but my nervous system does not always fire on all cylinders.

muscl car likes this.
  6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Last year it started on my right big toe. Moved to my right thumb. My Annual Dr. Visit was in Jan. I showed the NPR. We both thought it was a fungus. Gave me terbinafine. It seemed to make it worse? Spread to my other hand and foot with a vengeance. Vaseline worked for a while but it is coming back. This morning 3 finger tips on the left are cracked and bleeding. Time to get out the super glue.

Zstar likes this.
  7. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I take the usual supplements - fish oil, vitamin B6 & 12, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, chromium picolinate and selenium, magnesium. Plus a one-a-day vitamin. Can't really say I've ever noticed much difference, but hopefully it can't hurt.

budro6968 likes this.
  8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

The chromium picolinate is something I haven't heard of. I looked around. It is in a lot of the foods we eat. Ham Whole wheat English muffins and brewers yeast. Dark Chocolate & Beef have the highest levels. Also I saw Wine & Beer was on the list. https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...ving-elderly/4F0CE38A26B0B4863078F508F3A69351

c120cut likes this.
  9. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

I am jumping on the getting old sucks train with you guys:( Turn 62 in December ya ya I know...I am still a kid lol. Anyway worked construction all my life and made a decent/honest living. Figured I am only going to 65 then retire,will have house paid off by then. I figured if I can relieve at least 20% of my aches and pains I might not be half bad.Have been taking vitamins for most of my life and I am better off than my siblings, dont know if that made the difference or not. Now I am currently taking a multi, Co Q10, probiotics and a product called Breathe by 1MD for the covid. Has all the recommended supplements doctors recommend to fight of covid. Moral of the story kids...set yourself up to retire early so you can really enjoy retirement lol. Resized_20211128_075605.jpg Resized_20211128_075614.jpg

Oldskool62 and Zstar like this.
  10. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

In the shop yesterday. Getting ready to pull an engine. Tranny was staying in the car. Got under the car to disconnect and support the tranny. Went to get up and I literally couldn't do it. The shop owner was working on the rear end. He saw me struggling and asked if I needed help. He went to get up to come over and he struggled to get off the floor. I'm 65 and he's 60. This sucks. I do consider myself very lucky though. With all the serious medical situations I have, I'm still able to do the things I've always loved to do - like working on cars! :):):)

gramps and Zstar like this.