getting old is a pain.

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
In the shop yesterday. Getting ready to pull an engine. Tranny was staying in the car. Got under the car to disconnect and support the tranny. Went to get up and I literally couldn't do it. The shop owner was working on the rear end. He saw me struggling and asked if I needed help. He went to get up to come over and he struggled to get off the floor. I'm 65 and he's 60. This sucks. I do consider myself very lucky though. With all the serious medical situations I have, I'm still able to do the things I've always loved to do - like working on cars! :):):)
I just roll over onto my stomach and scooch up onto my knees and then grab onto the car.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Couldn't resist, applies to me too.

ive fallen.jpg

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
I just roll over onto my stomach and scooch up onto my knees and then grab onto the car.

Very similiar to what I do. Don't really have a choice. Once I couldn't get out of a car. Its a '69 Nova, Pro Modified drag car. Built from the frame up. All of the tubing had to be sanded because it was ready for paint. When I got into the car, I had to lay across a portion of the frame and also put my legs under the frame - that was it. I was stuck! It was still fun...a little painful, but fun.

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
Very similiar to what I do. Don't really have a choice. Once I couldn't get out of a car. Its a '69 Nova, Pro Modified drag car. Built from the frame up. All of the tubing had to be sanded because it was ready for paint. When I got into the car, I had to lay across a portion of the frame and also put my legs under the frame - that was it. I was stuck! It was still fun...a little painful, but fun.
I have to laugh...I did get stuck while trying to chase after an electrical issue under the dash on the Camaro. won't happen again.