Getting old starting to purge

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1970 gold, May 31, 2021.

1. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

Is that with the flock of 80 birds or 101 birds? I prefer the larger group.

2. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Long standing joke between me and a lifelong friend of mine.....we are “bad friends”. We had gone from being nearly inseparable as kids to young adults to now we haven’t seen each other in a few years. Not because there was a falling out or anything, just life changes. Then one day I get an email titled “From a bad friend” to which I read and replied “from a really bad friend” lol and it has continued like that for several years.

carhead22000 likes this.
  3. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

man thee are some luddites on this site lol

BonzoHansen likes this.
  4. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Gramps I have the same relationship with my childhood friend "Dipsh*t" [his dad started calling him that at age 7].I may not talk to him for months/sometimes a year but we can call each other and just say DUUUDDE! and we know who it is--usually we each need something but thats ok because we are always there for each other-If he called me today and said I need 5k for something I wouldn't ask what for or hesitate- Life gets in the way and people "change" a bit He has 6 kids,we have none,so not that much in common as we aged for "social" stuff,wifey and I also curse to no end-never needed a filter-not good around kids.You should see the faces at Applebees when Wifey gets going-mothers with hands over kids ears,me mouthing "sorry" when she's not looking :oops:
    I do get a kick at car shows,the "boomers :eek:" are facebooking more than anyone,b*tching about the music/food/no shade :screwup:/the weather-heat-then the "promoter" comes around asking how they like it as "everyones" dumping on them on facebook.They all answer "great-couldn't be better""love it" then when he leaves go back to flaming the show :crazy:.Then they also start about youth today and how they are dependent on technology :rolleyes:
    We all turn into our parents it seems-Now get off my lawn and put some oil on that squeaky wheel and quit bouncing that noisy basketball! Later Steve!!

5. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Facebook does have a "good" side. Many people cannot express themselves in person; they need a tool and that's what Facebook is used for. I've seen it happen when a friendship (or lack thereof) is on the verge of coming to an end but one or both individuals can't do it in person, so they utilize P/Ms on Facebook to send the message to end the relationship. In almost all cases one or both are introverted and they just can't deal with the situation face to face. I remember in the old days, some would write messages, others a phone call, some informing a friend to tell "so and so" they didn't want to be friends with them any longer.

Damn, I'm getting old!

6. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I stick to the low octane version. I was at a party when I was married and got switched to 101. Needless to say,
    wifey was not impressed with my performance. The next morning my hair hurt. I promised God I would not EVER do that again.

biker and Patstuff28 like this.
  7. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Lolz that how every is losing their job now a days

For expressing themselves on social media crap lolz

Zstar likes this.
  8. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

"getting old, starting to purge!!
    Thought you were cleaning out the garage!! LoL!

gramps likes this.
  9. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I think it's pretty illogical to say you have no time for anything and then spend tons of time on social media and the internet. There's time, they're just using it way differently.

I also thought he was going to start selling off old cars and motorcycles and stuff.

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

When people srart bitching about me being old I just tell them I can't hear them from their mother's basement.

I do not have a lawn.

carhead22000, Zstar and BillyDean7173 like this.