Getting to old for this ....

SPG

Bumblebee Builder
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2018
Sacramento
Thats what happens when you move from an area with no snow, to an area with a normal amount of snow. Gotta deal with the maintenance, hop to it, stay inside, or pay someone.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I'm Northeast of Nashville and it was alot of snow here . At 6am here it was 6 degrees
Buckle up butter cup - I can send Jim Beam or Kleenex tissue, whatever you want. I know exactly where you are, I have one sister on SE side of music city, another on NW side.
We don't have much of that down here and when it comes, it generally doesn't last long. I figured you Marines would be out rolling in this light weight shift in your skivvies. :)

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
quit yer whining ... was in my doc's office today and she said her mom said it was 37 ...BELOW !
... her family's from North Dakota.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I'm 60yrs old and just was outside in 17° weather removing the 1ft of snow off of my truck and driveway from yesterday's snow storm . The truck was easy as I used a extendable squeegee to remove the snow . The driveway I used push broom to clean all the snow off of a 30ft by 25ft driveway

Let's just say I'm worn out and exhausted

This is my pickup bed on my truck with the bed filled of snow from yesterday's snow storm in Tennessee

View attachment 132277
Welcome to Tennesota, lol.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
For those who think I'm a healthy Marine , I'm far from that !!! . Last year I was diagnosed with a neurological disorder " Parkinson's disease " . This has also affected the left side of my body causing weakness and clumsiness . I can barely walk now without stumbling and relying on custom made knee brace and a cane to get around

This disease is from chemical exposure TCE/ PCE solvents ( aircraft cleaning solvent) in the Military 40years ago

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
We all go downhill as we get older. Some people give up, and others try to keep going as much as they can. I have an elderly lady living next door to me. She lives alone in her house and recently started having meals delivered because she can't get out much anymore. She is in her mid 90s, can no longer drive, and can hardly walk. But, every time it snows, she is the first one in the neighborhood out with her shovel. It takes her a while, but she manages to get her sidewalks shoveled no matter if it is -20 or -30 degrees.
Another neighbor near her has two Sons that try to beat her to the shoveling, but if they don't get up in the dark of the morning, often she does it first.

On my other side I have a single guy around your age Chuck. He was in a car accident some years ago that broke his back. The surgery to repair his back left him with a stroke that paralyzed him on his left side. He has a leg brace that locks his left leg so he can stand on it. When it snows, he gets out in the cold with his leg brace and shovels with just his right hand and arm as the left one is completely paralyzed.

People like this help give us the incentive that we all need to keep trying.
Keep up the good work, Chuck. You are better for it in the long run.

Last edited:

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
For those of you who lived in central New York in 1966.....

download.jpg

Latest posts