Go Pack Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
And once again, Lambeau Field failed to sell out.

Paid attendance last night was the 2nd highest of the year with 77,832 tickets purchased. That's short of the 81,441 capacity of Lambeau Average attendance this year was 77,991, so about 3500 unsold tickets per game for the season.

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
And once again, Lambeau Field failed to sell out.

Paid attendance last night was the 2nd highest of the year with 77,832 tickets purchased. That's short of the 81,441 capacity of Lambeau Average attendance this year was 77,991, so about 3500 unsold tickets per game for the season.
Ever think that covid has a hand in this? I am sure the Minnesotans were not flocking out to lambeau to see there team beat - covid toe got the quarterback. The few games i did watch in the NFL there was many empty seats.

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
Mike

I was not referring to empty seats (the cold may have prevented some people from attending). I was referring to unsold tickets.

But you can't blame cold for the failure to sell tickets as the Packer/Viking game was not the smallest paid attendance game of the year. That would have been the Packer season opener this year. One would think that the season opener in Green Bay in September would be a sellout, but there were over 4,200 unsold tickets.

The following teams have had over 100% paid attendance compared to capacity so far this season:

1. Chiefs - 100.4%
2. Vikings - 100.4%
3. Broncos - 100.2%
4. Browns - 100%
5. Patriots - 100%

Is covid worse in Wisconsin than MO, MN, CO, OH or NE?

The Packers are 19th with 95.8%, the Bears are 14th 98.9% and the Lions are the Lions at 31st...

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
Yep it sucks that the worst team in the NL has a 12 and 3 record. You can blame bad ref calls or the opposing team making risky play calls. i am sure all the NFL teams have been bitten by this at some point in time.
It will be interesting to see how the playoffs pan out.

The Packers have won 39 regular season games in over the last three years. There are 8 other NFL teams that have won 39 regular season games in a three year stretch.

But the thing that separates the Packers from those other 8 teams is - the Packers never made it at least one Super Bowl during those three years.

But worse yet is the fact that this season, they only managed one TD in the playoffs and lost to a team that didn't even score one offensive TD in the game.

Some may blame the special teams for the loss, but the Packers only scored 10 points at home in the cold against a California team. Take out the opening drive and the "high powered" Aaron Rodgers led offense scored a total of 3 points in the remaining 55 minutes of the game.

The rest of the game consisted of the following drives:

5 plays ending in a fumble
3 plays and out
3 plays and out
6 plays and a punt
6 plays missed FG (despite having 1st and 10 at the 49er 14 yard line with 26 seconds remaining in the half)
3 and out
14 plays, 9 minutes off the clock, FG
3 plays and a blocked punt resulting in the 49ers only TD
3 and out

Blaming special teams is the easy thing to blame because of the blocked punt, but the lack of offense by the Packers is what allowed that one play to matter.

Aaron Rodgers stats in those last 2 drives:

1 for 4 passing, only completion was only for 4 yards and a sack for an 11 yard loss. Only other play was a 2 yard running play.

The Packer defense, with very little help from the Aaron Rodgers offense, held the 49ers to 6 points. The Pack had the ball with 6 minutes left in the game, leading 10 - 3, and had two offensive possessions that netted -11 yards and -6 yards respectively.

A couple of first downs in those last two possessions and maybe there isn't a blocked punt returned for a TD, much less a game winning FG as time ran out.

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
I pretty much walked away from football after the krappernick debacle so haven’t followed my home team in awhile (we were season ticket holders during montana and young’s reign). Frankly last week in dallas they flat stunk and it was only a miracle that gave them a win. Now they won again against a way better team. Obviously the luck will run out sooner than later but I’m amazed they are still in it (for now).

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
Rosster

I was a season ticketholder for about 15 years until the start of the season last year (2020 season). After the "krappernick debacle" and then the fiasco that tore the nation apart last summer (and the NFL supporting it), I sold my PSL's in September and have only watched one NFL game since that time (SB last year - I wanted to see TB win #7).

I was at the MN Wild/Chicago Blackhawk game last night when they announced the defeat of the Packers. It came with a very loud cheer and then a "F### the Packers" cheer that lasted until the hockey action restarted (hey, it was a Chicago/MN game with fans of both teams attending).

I really haven't missed watching NFL football. Yes, I still pay attention to the wins and losses of the various teams, but I don't waste the hours it takes to watch the games.

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
The Packers have won 39 regular season games in over the last three years. There are 8 other NFL teams that have won 39 regular season games in a three year stretch.

But the thing that separates the Packers from those other 8 teams is - the Packers never made it at least one Super Bowl during those three years.

But worse yet is the fact that this season, they only managed one TD in the playoffs and lost to a team that didn't even score one offensive TD in the game.

Some may blame the special teams for the loss, but the Packers only scored 10 points at home in the cold against a California team. Take out the opening drive and the "high powered" Aaron Rodgers led offense scored a total of 3 points in the remaining 55 minutes of the game.

The rest of the game consisted of the following drives:

5 plays ending in a fumble
3 plays and out
3 plays and out
6 plays and a punt
6 plays missed FG (despite having 1st and 10 at the 49er 14 yard line with 26 seconds remaining in the half)
3 and out
14 plays, 9 minutes off the clock, FG
3 plays and a blocked punt resulting in the 49ers only TD
3 and out

Blaming special teams is the easy thing to blame because of the blocked punt, but the lack of offense by the Packers is what allowed that one play to matter.

Aaron Rodgers stats in those last 2 drives:

1 for 4 passing, only completion was only for 4 yards and a sack for an 11 yard loss. Only other play was a 2 yard running play.

The Packer defense, with very little help from the Aaron Rodgers offense, held the 49ers to 6 points. The Pack had the ball with 6 minutes left in the game, leading 10 - 3, and had two offensive possessions that netted -11 yards and -6 yards respectively.

A couple of first downs in those last two possessions and maybe there isn't a blocked punt returned for a TD, much less a game winning FG as time ran out.
I have to laugh. all this over a quote "It will be interesting to see how the playoffs pan out" Do you blame the winning team for winning or the losing team for losing. I do have to say both teams battled it out regardless. BTW Vikings suck!

berg2695

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2011
And now for an opposing viewpoint: Colin Kaepernick is a hero in my book and the struggle for racial equality is not a 'debacle'. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts