Going out of my head on a fitting, need some help please

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I bought a fuel rail from Ebay for my Blazer project. I'm using an aftermarket manifold and I had to try two different fuel rail sets to get something that will work. I need to put a push connect fitting in the end of on rail and they are ORB fittings on the end of the rails. I measured and the closest match was the -10AN ORB, it was too big. I bought a -8AN ORB and it was too small. I have no idea what the hell I'm looking for now. I'd prefer a fitting to go to the 3/8 push connect but at this point I'll take a plug and drill and tap a NPT hole if that's that it takes.

I'm not sure how well I explained that, let me know if I can clarify anything. Any help is appreciated.

Pictures in case it helps.

20220813_185038.jpg
20220813_185028.jpg

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
Last edited:

camcojb

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 10, 2000
Wilton, Ca. USA
A lot of the fuel rail and coolers built outside the US are metric. M22 is a common size for those. You might use some digital calipers set to metric to measure the threads.

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
A lot of the fuel rail and coolers built outside the US are metric. M22 is a common size for those. You might use some digital calipers set to metric to measure the threads.
I did but kept looking at the standard sizes, 22mm seems about right. I didn't think about metric stuff. The plan is to repurpose one the the -6AN adaptors, drill and tap for NPT threads and use a readily available adaptor. Drill, tap and adaptor should be here today.