Goodbye to the Camaro

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Lowend, Jun 25, 2019.

1. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Is that a 70 Challenger? The bumpers look more like a 73.

2. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

It's the same here in AZ too. I have one 3rd gen in beautiful pro-tour hot-rodded restored condition I see regularly and that's it.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Bingo! These cars are the way they are because of safety requirements. You cant simple have a chrome bar in the front any more as a bumper. These cars need to meet front and side crash requirements. The cars are bloated for your safety.

4. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

I like my 2010SS. The 6speed tranny makes it very driver friendly at high speeds & long trips. I wouldn't trade it for a 6th gen tho. Not enough of a change. Actually like the 5th gen better. Was interested in what GM might do with the next generation. Sad if this is true, but not surprising. GM seems to be messing alot up lately. Those new Silverados are pretty fugly as well

Peck, 1980RS and BillyDean7173 like this.
  5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I'm sure bumper/nose design is impacted by pedestrian safety standards. that drives body design in Europe and here in the States.

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

The changes are mostly underneath. Different chassis, smaller lighter. Buddy of mine just traded up from a 5th Gen to a 6th Gen. He says marked difference in the way it drives.

7. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

Yea I've heard they handle alot better. I haven't sat in one. Think they're smaller inside also. I'm almost 6'2 & around 270lbs. I fit in my 2010, but I wouldn't want the interior any smaller.

8. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

lol... yep. One time at a local cruise night I parked next to a new Challenger. My Camaro made that thing look like an SUV...

The Champ and f-body freak like this.
  9. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Maybe the Camaro and Challenger wouldn't be so bloated if the HP was limited to 400 at the crank.

10. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just when I thought the tail lights on the New Camaro's couldn't get any worse GM proved me wrong. Maybe it is me, but I really look at tail lights a lot, Buick and Mazda were the top in making them flow and mold them into the body, CHevy had these big chunky things or stupid round ones (Impala) that did nothing but say hey look at me I'm a big ****ing stupid obnoxious light. Why did the 5th gen have that rounded corner on the bottom? They were sort of styled off the 69 I thought be=ut then they screwed it away. Then the 6th Gen (until this post I didn't even relize there was a 6th gen) and they had this piece of crap that sticks out. That is my biggest pet peave with cars, give me some styling, why do I have to pay extra for nice body lines, tail lights that work with those lines etc. I can understand paying more for creature comforts, performance, handling but styling, who the hell sits at the drawing board and draws this things today. And give me a break on te Chevy bar front end they all of sudden decided all Chevy's had to have. It worked for Pontiac, that one time frame you didn't have to see a nameplate a sticker nothing you could tell a Pontiac front end (they were great) but that stupid bar across every Chevy is boring. The Challenger yes, bloated but it keeps with its heritage, and I like the 2004 era Mustangs and then they retroed it even more like the 2007's but the tailight genie got them late ron and decided to take a crap on the rear end of the car.