Goodbye to the Camaro

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Lowend, Jun 25, 2019.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The 6th gen tail lights are awesome. The 5th gen couldn’t decide...they were all horrible

2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The 6th gen is the car that I wish the 5th gen was, which I thought was too bloated. LOL, Scott Settlemire heard me say as much at Carlisle when they were showing the concept and “corrected” me.
    The problem is that these newer cars don’t interest me in general any more. Which is a little sad, as I lived and breathed Camaros for 25 years.

3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

My point exactly about the Challenger compared to the Camaro. The Challenger is a bloated whale carrying 500+ extra pounds, depending on configuration.

But apparently it appeals to the crowd that want a big car...

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Everyone I know that has a Challenger has had a lot of issues with them. Suspension, fuel leaks, driveability etc.

The Champ likes this.
  5. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's just Chrysler.:D

f-body freak likes this.
  6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It is for sure but if you straight out say it all the fan boys come out LOL.

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Lots of bias out there. Don’t focus or compare to older models, just the car for what it is and decide if you like it. Too many compare these cars to the classics and of course they are not the same league.

Btw...I have owned nothing but Dodge SUVs and pick ups since 1998 and have never had an issue that would I say Chrysler sucks. All these vehicles have been very reliable.

8. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

The Challenger...

One other funny story... Mrs. ULTM8Z and I were following behind one about a year ago and I was looking at the back end of the thing and it reminded me of something, so I wanted to see if she had the same impression. So I asked her "What does the back end of that car remind you of?" She said "A sagging baby diaper". "HAH!! EXACTLY!!" I exclaimed... lol...

That rear bumper is just so huge...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Da-bigguy, The Champ and Dave Nelson like this.
  9. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

As for the Camaro, yeah it always struck me as sort of a caricature of a '69 Camaro.

I hate to say it, but Ford's latest rendition of the Mustang is probably the best in terms of paying homage to the original while updating it. Kind of like a Pro-Touring build of an older muscle car. Not that I like them or would ever buy one for myself, but just in terms of dispassionate technical observation.

10. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

...nothing to see here, please disperse....

Someone at GM is getting fired for causing this ruckus with their big mouth lol. The way I see it GM is probably trying to decide where they are going with all cars, so of course the 7th gen is on hold. They already killed the cruze and impala. They killed one caddy model that rides on the same chassis and the camaro. Between going mostly SUV/CUV/truck and looking to be a leader in electric cars, where the camaro sits is certainly up for conjecture. I've also heard the new C8 coming out is the last vette. Not sure I buy that either. But damn that electric copo camaro at sema last year was cool.

Ford is killing most cars too, and didn't we just discuss how the next mustang will share a chassis with an SUV?