Goodyear or M/T

D72CamaroZ28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 26, 2006
The Mile high City
I am going to get a new set of slicks this winter and cant decide on Goodyear or M/T. Thanks for the help and input. I was running the M/T ET Streets.

JaredMcQueer

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2010
Englewood, Colorado
Totally unrelated but im moving back to colorado in about a month. I cant wait to get my car out on the track at bandimere.My friends dad races a purple nova up there that runs in the low 9's. Maybe i will see you there next year when i take my car up.

D72CamaroZ28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 26, 2006
The Mile high City
JaredMcQueer said:
Totally unrelated but im moving back to colorado in about a month. I cant wait to get my car out on the track at bandimere.My friends dad races a purple nova up there that runs in the low 9's. Maybe i will see you there next year when i take my car up.

Look forward to meeting ya! just be ready to give up some ET when it comes to racing on the mountain lol. Im running 28/13.5/15 now in the street et. I dont know if you concider that big or small but will be replacing it with the same size. Thanks for the input!

mrdragster1970

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member

Most guys I know with a small tire like that use M/T or Hoosier.
It's very very rare to see a G/Y under a 32x13 in my circle.
I had no issues with a M/T 29x10 until I was mid 9's.
Switched to a Hosier 29x10 and ran that all the way to 8.50's.
The M/T "W" is a great tire, but it won't fit my car,
and the Hoosier "W" does fit and works as good or better.

Definitely look at the M/T & Hoosier before buying a small G/Y.

Good luck.

HOLESHOT

Veteran Member
Feb 19, 2009
mesa,az
I have run mt drag radials foe awhile 275-60 and I have had great luck with them, my buds camaro has gone 7.8x on the same tire. I went to the good years for the new season.

ZS10

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 18, 2003
BC, Canada
Don't think it really makes a lot of difference which brand. Size, compound, sidewall, pressure and tubes will make a difference.

After that its just price and availability.

Latest posts