Got my car back! Shocked at cost...

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by OldSchoolFormula, Oct 28, 2018.

1. sinnyz_me

sinnyz_me Veteran Member

Your car does looks great, and yes it's all done now. If there are any issue on it, then you can always bring it back as I would assume they stand behind there work or warranty it especially if it's a "friend". The money part sucks right now but remember, it's only money and that's what we do with it. Buy things we want that make us happy!

2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

It did take a lot of money,but dang I'd be proud of that ride. Hopefully you get get the cost down and feel better about it. Now be carefull driving that baby.

3. Northern Z

Northern Z New Member

A lot of money but at least they did a nice job. My 70 TA came back in pieces, completely stripped, no work done, deposit kept.

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I'd make certain to get the insurance value checked and upgraded if needed.

5. dutch73camaro

dutch73camaro Veteran Member

i did also some work for friends.

we made a good price ( lower then stock ) for the hours but enough for me to earn some money because it's my living
    when there were unexepected things i call them to discuss over what to do and about the costs
    and they can Always help on the car to keep the costs down

i think that's the only way you treat your friends. (within your own business)
    and otherwise if i help a friend with other stuff than cars i'l be there Always for free for them because they help me too.

6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

You can do anything for free, except what you do for a living.

7. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

dutch73camaro pretty much summed it up

dutch73camaro likes this.
  8. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

What a great looking car. I know its alot of money, but after seeing the work, I think you got a good deal with the paint work included. I agree with what others said about throwing that price on you at the end. I have been working on my mirrors and the time has added up on them. Now I don't feel too bad about beating myself up over it. I don't get to stay steady on my project due to life, but it always take 3 times longer than I think it should.

9. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Agree with Double R 100% there was a heck of alot of work done, if it's quality then you got your monies worth, body and paint can easily be 30K in my area, extensive metal work not included!!
    If it were me I'd do whatever it takes to keep the car and enjoy it, it really does look great.

10. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

No way in hell I'd pay $29k for that body work. Looks nice but how will it look in 5 years? How much is the car even worth in present condition? And a make work project should have been done at a much reduced cost especially after over two years in the jail. Hope you get something worked out but I'd be laying awake at night.