GRAND BIG MAC

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by biker, Jun 28, 2021.

1. carhead22000

carhead22000 oldblue

there are many big mac knock off sauces online. I make my own.

2. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

I worked right next door to a Dairy Queen for a couple of years. There was also a KFC and a Mr. Submarine in the plaza. We used to call DQ “Scary Queen “.

3. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

we stopped at McDonalds over the weekend... hadnt had a big mac in quite a while so I ordered one... needless to say that isnt what I remember them looking and tasting like... not impressed

Dave Nelson, biker and John Wright like this.
  4. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When I was around 12yrs old, a Dairy Queen opened up in the strip mall close to my house so I was quite stoked to go and eat there fairly regularly. However, a couple years later that stopped after I went to order my usual burger and it was so greasy that it was literally running out of the bun when I picked it up, it had completely soaked the bottom bun and was disgusting! I didn't go back there for something like 5 years. I also gave it a new name, Grease Queen!

I do miss Mr. Submarine (now called MR. SUB), a Canadian franchise chain now that I live in Houston! When ever I go back home, I will go and order their pizza sub (or whatever they are calling it these days!), always loved those for some reason!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Patstuff28 likes this.
  5. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Notice Sausage Burrito wasn't mentioned in this discussion.....Off I go. :):):)

6. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Be close to a bathroom Brian.

[​IMG]

Zstar and Da-bigguy like this.
  7. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nothing will ever top Taco Bell breakfast, me and friends went on a like 10 mile hike in woods/mountains. Someone suggested Taco Bell for breakfast. Needless to say

everyone died on the hiking paths

8. biker

biker Veteran Member

Dairy Queen... I have two words... CHILI DOG
    DQ was always good in my little town.
    Seeing as how we have expanded the discussion, I do far prefer "gourmet", specialty and mom/pop burger joints. It's just that the Big Mac elicits so many childhood and youth memories, I cant let it go. The Grand Big Mac was something I just had to try. As for the bathroom theme developing, it's no coincidence that the initials of the Big Mac match those of a daily lower-body function...

Zstar likes this.
  9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There is a 'gourmet' hamburger place not too far from where I live, called 'Hopdoddy'. My eldest daughter appears to love going there but for me, meh, nothing special about them and over-priced in my opinion. I am definitely willing to try other burger places and I can't say I've ever met a burger I really disliked, as long as it is beef and not something else!!! I do agree that Big Mac and others like Wendy's and Burger King do elicit a lot of great memories growing up and why I will still eat them. Sometimes though it is simply because they are convenient to where I am and I need something to eat right now!

10. sandlapper

sandlapper Veteran Member

While road-tripping through Montana toward Glacier NP, had a quite large bison burger; very, very good! And, no BM/blowback; not petit or grandiose.