Great jack for an SUV - the Unijack

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 450bench, Jul 18, 2021 at 3:32 PM.

1. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

Needed a good jack for my sons Tahoe. Looked around and bought a Unijack. Best damn jack I’ve ever freaking seen. Got a built in jack stand. Crazy azz thing is unreal for changing a tire or doing a rotation.
    The engineering is unique and outfreaking standing.
    If you need a compact, safe and easy jack for an SUV, I’d highly recommend. Impressive.

Coadster32, Crazy4camaro and biker like this.
  2. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I bought a pair several years ago...agree, great product. Doesn't replace my floor jacks for everything, but comes in very handy on my Ram which sits higher than the DD cars.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

A couple of reviews said they had the jack portion fail and it would not lift to get the car off the stand.
    I never would have thought of that.

4. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

The jack and stand are connected and literally function simultaneously so not sure how that can happen but, hey…
    Great product regardless

5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

If the hydraulics fail, it won't lift the jack off the stand - an epic fail.

Actual customer review:

Link to other reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-6...t-reviews/B00GJJZ5NI?reviewerType=all_reviews

6. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Yeah no thanks. I’ll just keep using my floor jack and separate stands. Of course this product might help some morons that don’t use stands after lifting a vehicle up doesn’t matter if the hydraulics fail at least the don’t get smooshed.

7. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

Most of the reviews are extremely good and the damn thing has worked flawlessly for me. Morons who don’t use jack stands? This jack has a jack stand that locks and is built in to the jack itself.
    Maybe there are morons out there, apparently, that don’t know how to use a jack or jack stands??
    My own personal customer review is - buy one, they work great - but only if you actually have ability to use a jack/jack stand
    Geez us h. Sorry I brought it up. Lol

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021 at 10:52 AM
  8. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I think it would not lift off the detent of the stand to release and drop back down.
    In my garage, I would just grab my floor jack and lift it off. On the side of the road would be a different story.
    I think it is a cool idea and see it being convenient to not have to use separate tools to lift and set a stand. Looks beefy too.
    On the side of the road, I would just drive off it if it would not come back down.

9. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Might be handy for our camper or box trailer but in the garage I’ll stick to the floor jack and jack stands.