Great jack for an SUV - the Unijack

450bench

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2002
memphis, tn-shelby
Needed a good jack for my sons Tahoe. Looked around and bought a Unijack. Best damn jack I’ve ever freaking seen. Got a built in jack stand. Crazy azz thing is unreal for changing a tire or doing a rotation.
The engineering is unique and outfreaking standing.
If you need a compact, safe and easy jack for an SUV, I’d highly recommend. Impressive.

l16pilot

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
Hurlock, MD, USA
I bought a pair several years ago...agree, great product. Doesn't replace my floor jacks for everything, but comes in very handy on my Ram which sits higher than the DD cars.

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
A couple of reviews said they had the jack portion fail and it would not lift to get the car off the stand.
I never would have thought of that.

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
The jack and stand are connected and literally function simultaneously so not sure how that can happen but, hey…
Great product regardless

If the hydraulics fail, it won't lift the jack off the stand - an epic fail.

Actual customer review:

I purchased this jack to be used in place of the bottle jack that came with my small SUV. My thinking was this would be safer as it has a wide base and a locking jack stand. While driving through alligator alley in Florida I got a flat. I jacked the SUV up, following the directions. After changing the tire I disengaged the lock and used the hydraulic release to lower the jack. Oil leaked out from under the jack and the entire apparatus was stuck in the locked position - with the vehicle still elevated. Fortunately, I kept the original bottle jack in the vehicle and used it as a rescue to get the Unijack out from under the vehicle.

Link to other reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-6...t-reviews/B00GJJZ5NI?reviewerType=all_reviews

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
Yeah no thanks. I’ll just keep using my floor jack and separate stands. Of course this product might help some morons that don’t use stands after lifting a vehicle up doesn’t matter if the hydraulics fail at least the don’t get smooshed.

450bench

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2002
memphis, tn-shelby
Most of the reviews are extremely good and the damn thing has worked flawlessly for me. Morons who don’t use jack stands? This jack has a jack stand that locks and is built in to the jack itself.
Maybe there are morons out there, apparently, that don’t know how to use a jack or jack stands??
My own personal customer review is - buy one, they work great - but only if you actually have ability to use a jack/jack stand
Geez us h. Sorry I brought it up. Lol

Last edited:

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I think it would not lift off the detent of the stand to release and drop back down.
In my garage, I would just grab my floor jack and lift it off. On the side of the road would be a different story.
I think it is a cool idea and see it being convenient to not have to use separate tools to lift and set a stand. Looks beefy too.
On the side of the road, I would just drive off it if it would not come back down.