Hagerty increasing rates, who else is out there?

QytumHacker

Veteran Member
Jan 18, 2002
Manassas, Virginia, U.S
So here I was expecting my Hagerty rate to be cut in half for turning 25 and instead they increase it 10% as they state they have restructured the Virginia policy pricing ( heads up for anyone else out there ). Needless to say I am not happy and shopping around.

Who else do you all use besides Hagerty? I did a quick quote with Heacock and they are half the price of Hagerty with more coverage. Anyone have any experience with them at all?

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
A local! I'm over in Bristow.

I have mine through Heacock, now American Modern. About $13k or so agreed value, 5000 miles/year, the usual restrictions on use (no daily driver use, no work commutes, no general shopping trips, etc). $190 renewed in May, we'll see what next year brings.

Buickfunnycar

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Well of course...who do you think has to pay for all that advertising and all the freebie goodies they give away at seemingly every event...?:rolleyes:

I'm with MK insurance and have been for years.I noticed most of the guys over at Yenko.net used Tamra Perto (an agent who's a sponsor there) so I went with her too.She's also an agent for Hagerty too (among others) so you can deal with the same person each time,which would be very helpful to me in the event of a claim.

Most often,if you read your policy,the underwriter is usually the same company,mine is through American Modern too,like Todd...so you can see what I mean,they're all the same (obviously only a handful insure classic/collectable cars)...then you have the middleman.
I've always liked to deal with the guys with less overhead and less flash.Hagerty's advertisment has to reflect in their rates...

I just received my '11 renewal,I have $230k of agreed value coverage and pay $557/yr.

Mark80Z28

Veteran Member
Aug 16, 2006
Ohio
I got a quote from Hagerty a few years back when I was first shopping for classic coverage. They were quite a bit higher than Heacock Classic, who I ended up going with. It was about a $70difference annually for the same amount of coverage.

Last edited:

red78z

Veteran Member
Sep 12, 2009
pottsville,pa.
i went w/ heacock due to hagerty being more expensive . 13500 in agreed coverage nice ppl to deal with, 200 sumthin a year

Stroked72SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
Bryan, Texas
I Have nothing but great things to say about Grundy...

They paid or recent claim like champions, and even paid about 30% more than my estimate, to fix some things that the Body SHop missed on their estimate...

I have $45k stated policy for less than $300 annually, no mileage restrictions..

I think their service is amazing....Good Luck!!:)

69LM1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
New Orleans, LA
I have had great success with MK Insurance Agency for Classic cars.

http://www.mkinsuranceagency.com/

Agreed Value policy, and Tamara and her staff always give personal service. You can always get them on the phone, low to no wait times, and they often email me my ins cards when I lose them :)

Rich

Latest posts