Happy to be buying my Mustang back, no seriously I'm happy

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by hoppin5478, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Glad you got the chance to buy it back. You most likely wouldn't have the opportunity if you had sold it outside your family. Those early Mustangs don't sell as to their vintage, but as to their condition. Prices, for the ones that were cared for, are going up. Nice car.

2. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thank you, my brothers and I are lucky because my Dad never lets a cool car we build go. Over the years we have bought and sold many a project back and forth. He currently has small block Chevy Miata and turbo'd 73 Z of my brothers and the Mustang and 66k original mile 90 RS Camaro convertible of mine. Ya, the 3rd gen Camaro's and Fox Body's of the same lineage were a dime a dozen 15-20 years ago and you could get a really nice one for 3k. I've always had a soft spot for them as they were brand new cars when I was in high school and I've owned quite few of both the Mustangs and 3rd gen Camaro's but the 2nd gens will always be my first love. My first car was a 79 berlinetta.

3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

You mentioned Fox bodies getting harder to find. I’ve been junkyarding for flipping parts or project parts since ‘04. Fox bodies are really seen in the yards around Chicago.

4. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Yeah,they are more like the 32 Deuce coupe of our generation. Cheap,light and easy to modify.

5. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

I like it.

6. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dad brought the Mustang out with my Camaro for 1 last show before I buy it back.

20180804_182123.jpg