Harrison Rad for my Z

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by iroc875sp, Dec 6, 2006.

1. iroc875sp

iroc875sp Member

I have been searching for a correct orig for my 4 Speed Z for some time, it's about the only thing that not original to my car.. Well my old friend Tom (vfitom) came across not only a 70, 3 row, for a 4 speed Camaro but also has the "exact" correct tag still on it !!! All I have to say is YOU ARE DA MAN !!
    Owe you big time buddy..

2. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

You're welcome Perry. Well, I feel sorry for ya because I used to beat you all the time at the car shows when I had my citrus Z. Haaaaaaaaaaa. Won't now though........Seriously, steaks on the grill and cold Molsons, lots of 'em (beer)........Good luck with it. Send me a pic of the finished product. Anything else needed?

3. iroc875sp

iroc875sp Member

Those were fun years.. the good ole days.. Haaa Yea you got me by 1 point or something one year.. You also got Best Engine and I got Best Stock Paint, 1996.. sure was fun

4. 70 LT1

70 LT1 Member

70 Radiator

I'm still looking for a 70 4-speed radiator also if anyone has one. Or just the correct RH tank.

John

5. First 70 Pilot

First 70 Pilot Veteran Member

I have two old Harrison radiators. What do I look for to see if either might work for you? Both are from old race cars. Send me PM if you like. [email protected]
    Dave Tom

6. First 70 Pilot

First 70 Pilot Veteran Member

John,
    I have retreived my old Harrison radiator. I have taken digital photos, but I don't know how to post them. If you are still interested here are the numbers/codes on the rad: Stamped part number: 3007436, below that is the welded date tage: 68 K, and off to the right of that is the stamp: O6A MG.

It still has the original Harrison blue & black lettering on a silver background decal. the decal has a small black paint mark on top of it. That may be removable. The radiator has been repaired with an aluminum weld on the lower driver side side tank. The last time I used it it flowed well. It has been sitting for about ten years, so no guarentee od internal corrision although it has been dry for all of that period and in Arizona.
    Let me know what you think.
    Dave