Has anyone ever...

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Camaro Tim01, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Camaro Tim01

Camaro Tim01 Veteran Member

How much approximately did it have to raise up and how do you overcome the interior trim ( front and rear ) no longer sitting against the glass ?
    Im not in a rush for my car and since I'm in the middle of changing EVERY single panel from the doors back ...
    [​IMG]
    ( Yes, I mean EVERY single panel from the doors back except the door pillar and roof )....the extra work for raising the channels doesnt seem excessive to me... whats a little more welding LOL....I'm concerned about the interior look of the trim panels not fitting against the glass and how to overcome that ??

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I've seen Fesler's car up close and wasn't as impressed as I was expecting to be

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  3. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

[/QUOTE]LOL i was just about to post mine i did about 10 years ago with original size glass, was a Ridiculous amount of metal work. Unfortunately I haven’t finished this car yet, hope to get back on it next year.[/QUOTE]

Would love to see some of the pics of the work involved if you took some during the process.

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Unfortunately since i did it so long ago I never took progress pics. I made an entire new pinchweld and raised it up so I didn’t need to make the urethane to thick. Haven’t addressed the interior yet but will probably just extend them with fiberglass. On the rear I pushed the glass up to the roof than extended the 1/4s and lower filler panel up to the glass.

5. Camaro Tim01

Camaro Tim01 Veteran Member

Thanks, that sounds do able, we will see when I get there what I'll do...
    I started a thread on my progress, hasnt caught up to where I am yet but getting there so when I get to glass I will put it in there if I do it.
    I think I will cuz I really like the look
    if anyones interested in my build...
    https://nastyz28.com/threads/project-mess.331320/#post-3788276

6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

A much easier and less expensive way to eliminate the shiny windshield and rear window trim is the simply make it not shiny anymore.

On my wife's '72 Camaro we took most of the stainless or chrome trim off the car and had it powder coated Camaro DSC_2063.jpg satin black.

Bumpers, headlight surrounds, windshield moldings, etc...

We did that back in 2001. Today you could just "dip it" if you wanted to.

chuck13 likes this.
  7. Jesse442

Jesse442 New Member

Rick's Camaro dot com has black front and rear window molding kits...that is how I plan on not having shiny stuff

8. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I believe you will find the same black trim made by Muscle Car Industries , at Camaro Central for less and as a Nasty member you get 10% off your first order, if available for discounts, I prefer them over Ricks, HAA HA
    https://www.camarocentral.com/1970_1981_BLACK_Windshield_Chrome_Molding_Kit_p/bcm-68b.htm

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I know it's been a few years, but I don't think it cost me $500.00 to powder coat the front and rear bumpers, the front and rear moldings, headlight surrounds and various other shiny trim parts.

The front and rear moldings alone are $390.00 plus shipping.

10. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member