Headers that fit the steering shaft

ssenay72

Veteran Member
Sep 21, 2012
Leominster, MA
Can someone tell me what headers are bent the right way to fit the steering shaft? Trying to avoid have to cut around them. Those are hedman headers (not sure which ones , it was a while ago but want to replace)

Attachments

• IMG_5306.JPG
    IMG_5306.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 45

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
The Hedman elites I bought in 2010-2011 fit fine, closest they come is #5 cylinder and the have about 1-1 1/4" clearance from the steering shaft, #1 is close to 4" away from the shaft, it is routed down and then runs inside of #3, nowhere close to how yours were designed. I have been on Nasty since 2010 and from what I recall most people on here have had no problems with Hedman fitting good. I do find spark plug changes are tight and had to protect my wires with heat boots, mostly it was the design of #5 cylinder tube coming way to close to the plug boot, burned one up.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
Can someone tell me what headers are bent the right way to fit the steering shaft? Trying to avoid have to cut around them. Those are hedman headers (not sure which ones , it was a while ago but want to replace)

I'm running Hedman Huslr 1-7/8th long tubes on my 427sbc . I'm also running AFR 195 cyl heads that have a .100 raised exh port and have about the same clearance as your pics show

ssenay72

Veteran Member
Sep 21, 2012
Leominster, MA
Anyone have pictures? Im running a 427SBC with AFR 220 heads (dart block) not that i think it matters. Looking at pictures of hedman headers online, i think mine were the wrong application.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Anyone have pictures? Im running a 427SBC with AFR 220 heads (dart block) not that i think it matters. Looking at pictures of hedman headers online, i think mine were the wrong application.
This is with ProFiler 195 heads. Those AFR's may have a higher port but the headers "should" still clear.

20221209_095211.jpg

biker

Veteran Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
I have Hedman 65104 (1 3/34"), no issues around steering shaft. Those look like they're for another application that someone beat into place.
Same, but mine were a touch close to the upper bulge on the steering shaft. Did a minor heat and beat last time they were out. I doubt it's the headers fault, all these cars vary greatly in tolerances.

ssenay72

Veteran Member
Sep 21, 2012
Leominster, MA
the hooker headers #1 tube tucks behind instead of in front. (which i guess would push #3out a bit? ) thinking out loud i guess

Attachments

• hok-2117hkr_xl.jpg
    hok-2117hkr_xl.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts