Headers that fit the steering shaft

67johnny

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2016
vancouver
I had a buddy take a set of headers...(1 3/4 hookers) off his 71 camaro and install them on his 70 camaro.
H great clearance on the 71 but not so much when installed on his 70.
Whats different I asked him.
Turned out that a combo of things bit him in the ass such as... stock motor mounts vrs energy suspension and also a different part number on the engine mount stands.
My complaint with headers has always been the lack of room for spark plug sockets!
I have a drawer full of customized sockets that have made life better for me in that regard.

Twisted has it right... the ding wont cause you any grief performance wise for sure!

ChevyReb

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
SC
I have Headman 66104 which is ceramic coated version of the 65104. I purchased them in February 2014 and steering shaft clearance is good. The hardest plug to change for me is #6. But a few are a PITA.

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
the hooker headers #1 tube tucks behind instead of in front. (which i guess would push #3out a bit? ) thinking out loud i guess

X2, that's correct, the HSC 2117 routes #1 in behind 3 & 5, but does not really push #3 tube.

Also, they make changing plugs easy, especially on angle plug setups, hence the reason why I use these, and recommend them.

2117 left drv.jpg

Latest posts