Headers

flowjoe

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 7, 2006
SoCal
'71 Camaro w/ SBC, PS, AT and factory AC - what headers will fit? Street use no track time.

mjoc

Veteran Member
Apr 29, 2003
Sherman Oaks, Ca
Dynatech, musclemaxx is what i use. I love there four bolt collectors will never have to replace collector gaskets and the have huge flanges.

Mike

71cmro

Veteran Member
Dec 3, 2003
Beavercreek, OH USA
Summit ceramic coated work and stay looking good for a long time and are pretty cheap. You do have to massage the passenger floor board a little for flange clearance. You need to remove the starter to install. I installed on the drivers side from underneath the engine. Installed on the passenger side from top of the engine. Suggestion is to start the passenger side bolt closest to the fire wall first but don't tighten down but half way. Then install all the rest of the bolts loose prior to tightening any of them down.

mjoc

Veteran Member
Apr 29, 2003
Sherman Oaks, Ca
Compare the quality of the summit headers to the higher priced unit and you will see like everything else you pay for quality.

Mike

flowjoe

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 7, 2006
SoCal
mjoc said:
Compare the quality of the summit headers to the higher priced unit and you will see like everything else you pay for quality.

Mike

And these clear your AC suitcase?