Heard From My Cars Origanal Owner

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 77z28327, Jul 13, 2013.

1. 77z28327

77z28327 Veteran Member

Got an Email from my cars original owner today. The car has been passed around friends never leaving the neighborhood since new. He was friends with a couple of my brothers way back and got in touch with one of them not long ago, my brother told him his car was still around and I had it. He was surprised it was still around, it went through some ruff stages. I shot him some pics and he was pleased it was finally in some good hands. He said he's been looking to get a 2nd gen for his son and said he had some pictures from when the car was new he is going to send me. Looking forward to seeing them. Gave him an open invitation to take it for a spin down memory lane.

2. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

cool stuff!

looking forward to the reunion pics:)

3. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This is always nice to hear. When I sold the '75 to a car lot then months later... there it was on the street... I followed it to a house and watched as a pregnant woman emerged from the car!
    Tongue in cheek I asked her what she thought of the car and that I was the previous owner. She said she loved it and had been looking for one for a long time. Tongue still in cheek I mentioned that the suspension was not stock and was installed by me.
    She was like ???
    So we both got on the ground as I showed her the mods from underneath...
    Super T-10, 12 bolt rear end, WS-6 Trans Am suspension...I wrote it down on a piece of paper so she could give it to her husband.
    She thanked me for the demo and I went on my way.
    :bowtie:

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

After my Son bought his Z28, we ran a title trace through DMV. We had to go through 2 states, but we were able to trace it back to the original owner. My Son wrote him a letter, and soon he got a reponse from the guy who included a nice picture of the car the first month after he bought it.

5. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Eh I don't know while they are cool stories and all not sure how I feel about it.

I mean you let it go, so let it go.
    It would be like you going up to your old house, walking on in, sitting down, eating someone elses food, drinking someone elses beer etc...

Sure you had great times, but you moved on.

6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Cool stories! :D

I found the name of the original owner on a piece of tape on the clock.
    (Must have been sent in for repair/cleaning.)

I called him 20 years ago and he seemed to want to have nothing to do with it.
    (I was asking about emissions stuff.)

I wonder if he's still alive and would like to know about its current condition.

7. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hmmm, kinda like stalking someone eh? :crazy:

8. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Me too........I sold my 76 T/A to a guy from Orlando for less money than what a neighbor was going to give me. True story, but the last thing I wanted was to see that car all the time running around and at car shows ect.

9. Ghostof76

Ghostof76 Veteran Member

Devonshire N.Wilmington,De. Hot Rods to Hell (East
    Hah. I ain't gotta worry about that. All my old camaros are recycled scrap metal taken to steel mills. No traces what so ever :(

10. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

long time ago ,I sold a 1981 elcamino to a guy from out of town , told hem it had 257,000 miles on it ,interestate miles, 2 years laters i saw it at a parts house,got to talking to the old guy,he braged that it still only had about 75,000 org. miles on it.,That his son had gave it to hem,,, I couldn,t bring myself to tell hem any different . Some times there is things you may not wont to know.