Help from phone guru please.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by rwild1967, Aug 12, 2014.

1. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

Whatever you and your wife do, DO NOT go with AT&T for a service provider. Biggest crooks in America

2. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have the phones ported over to Page Cellular. They use the Verizon network soup to nuts, but they are LESS than 1/2 the price and NO BS TAXES or other add-on fees. The Verizon phones can be used on the PAge network. I switched over 2 years ago and never looked back. Cut my monthly bill by 60% and we have more talk-time and more TXT's. I had mine set up through a reseller named Kitty Wireless. They are huge Page service providers. They will set you up for free, and they do auto-billso you never have to worry about the billing. They send you alerts, usage, billing info via e-mail.

3. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

I can't have them ported without her permission. I need to know if there's a way to break verizons hold over them.

4. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Then give them back and get a receipt . Give them to your wife . Drive to the nearest biggest city in your area and give them to the first bum you see . Their not in your name are they ?? Sometime you just count your losses and move on .....

6. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

I suppose you're right. I'm just trying to pinch some pennies?

7. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Legally, you cannot modify the imei on a phone. It would be like changing the vin on a car. Most major carriers blacklist any device that hasn't been paid for. You can try activating the phone through a smaller carrier (I use metro pcs which is now T-Mobile) and seeing if they will allow it.

If you craigslist it, someone will buy them to ship oversees or illegally change the imei.

8. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

I thought a New Federal law was passed (yes by this Senate) that Any phone can be used on any network. You can use an iphone on Crickett if you want or Virgin Mobile etc.

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

That would be a problem - because different technologies are used by different carriers.

In the U.S., Sprint, Verizon and U.S. Cellular use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM. I'm not sure what technology the offbrand carriers use - but it is one or the other.

A CDMA phone won't work on a GSM network and a GSM phone won't work on a CDMA network.

The iPhone (using your example) is not the same phone on the Verizon network as it is on the AT&T network.