Help This cant be right

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by boltupal, Jun 12, 2021.

1. boltupal

boltupal Veteran Member

I bought a complete 5 speed Tremec Kit from SST. The clutch pedal is hard , binds and pops. The adjustment rod drops 2 inches from the bell crank lever to the clutch fork. And isnt parallel to the block by 3/4 inch. I tried re contacting SST again via Email. They thumbnail_20210612_083037.jpg thumbnail_20210612_083431.jpg dis abled my account!

2. DougD

DougD Veteran Member

There is a section for trans issues, etc. This one is to discuss issues related to operation of the web site.

3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Moved to transmission section for better visibility.

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

I bought the same kit a few years ago, and originally used it with my stock clutch linkage/zbar setup. Worked great. But, that is not helpful to you..

So, it sounds more like a linkage/release bearing or pressure plate issue. What do you have for a clutch and pressure plate? Still using stock bell housing?

Did the trans mate up easily to the face of the bell housing? Let me know how the install went, I will do my best to help.

5. biker

biker Veteran Member

I'm not great with figuring out pictures, but is your z bar mounted to the proper holes in the subframe and engine block?

6. $ Mike 70 Z-28

$ Mike 70 Z-28 Veteran Member

most likely is your clutch and pressure plate. it happened to me, the same symptoms you have, and it was my clutch it was a centerforce the weights shifted all to one side

7. big gear head

big gear head Veteran Member

Which bell housing do you have? Are you using one from a Chevy II or a G body?

8. jbloake

jbloake Veteran Member

From what looks like factory parts I believe the clutch push rod should be on the frame side of the z bar lever , not the block side . There doesn’t seem to be much room . The headers may not be for a manual car .

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  9. boltupal

boltupal Veteran Member

The transmission, flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, bellhousing, release bearing, all linkage , bellcrank and shifter were brand new supplied by SST. There is already holes in the frame so cant be wrong . I've pulled it apart looking for something wrong already. Everything was good. That linkage is suppose to be parallel and perpendicular it neither .

10. boltupal

boltupal Veteran Member

I have changed the headers. Both sets were for a manual trans. If I move the adjustment bar to the opposite side, its misaligned even worse.