Help with more parts recognition

2ndOwner78

Veteran Member
Nov 6, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Does make sense.
So is this routing correct?
How does it works? What was at that location originally?

Thanks a lot

Originally that is where the fuel vapor canister (not sure of the real name) was located. @wayne scott shows the original in his post in this thread. It is part of the emissions items.

The routing seems right. Follow the link I added in my previous post and you can download some install info on these from Summit. They all work basically the same. They hold extra vacuum so you have more available when needed.

kdsracing

Mar 13, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
Thanks for the answers they helped a lot!

1. I meant the rear part of the subframe. True. But it's not the trans cross-member since there's a cross-member where there's should be one. Please ignore the bushings. I already installed solid ones. The rubber pads were a totally stupid thing the last owner did.
View attachment 141190
3+5. Doesn't seems right. I don't know what is this part's purpose or if it is original but there are major differences in the diameter sizes of the different lines. The metal line that comes from the tank is plugged as shown.
The lines from this canister are much bigger rubber hoses. One is going to the brake booster and one is to the intake manifold.
View attachment 141191 View attachment 141192 View attachment 141193
6. I guess they did do some kind of bodywork since the other side (flare) does have the hole there. Although both bumper guard sides do not have the bottom holes.
Guess I'll just drill it and insert the right screw...
The cutting on the rear of the subframe could be from the removal of subframe connectors although I can’t imagine why anyone would do that. Subframe connectors are a big improvement.
I agree that the canister is probably an auxiliary vacuum tank. If the current engine has enough vacuum to operate the power assist for the brakes, I would remove it. Potential vacuum leak source.

80Zcorn

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2016
Israel
The cutting on the rear of the subframe could be from the removal of subframe connectors although I can’t imagine why anyone would do that. Subframe connectors are a big improvement.
I agree that the canister is probably an auxiliary vacuum tank. If the current engine has enough vacuum to operate the power assist for the brakes, I would remove it. Potential vacuum leak source.
Interesting never thought about sub frame removal. I'm going to install new ones anyway.

Thanks!

80Zcorn

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2016
Israel
Originally that is where the fuel vapor canister (not sure of the real name) was located. @wayne scott shows the original in his post in this thread. It is part of the emissions items.

The routing seems right. Follow the link I added in my previous post and you can download some install info on these from Summit. They all work basically the same. They hold extra vacuum so you have more available when needed.
So as it looks right now the vapor line is the line that is plugged.... Is that ok?

How can i check the vacuum with and without the canister to compare?

80Zcorn

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2016
Israel
It is
I'd double check those big vacuum lines. The big line to the brake booster should be a direct connect to the intake manifold or a big fitting on the back of the carb.
It is connected this way.
Booster and the intake manifold behind the carb.

Last edited:

80Zcorn

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2016
Israel
On second thought, I don't think it is a subframe connectors removal since the welds are front to the rear bushings...

Any idea about the rear bumper? What are the bolts\ plastic clips that connect it?

PXL_20220410_113049628.jpg

And one more question... There are a lot of openings at the bottom part of the front bumper. Specifically those 2 big openings. Is this alright? No risk of damaging the radiator?
20170519_143124.jpg

wayne scott

Nov 4, 2019
On second thought, I don't think it is a subframe connectors removal since the welds are front to the rear bushings...

Any idea about the rear bumper? What are the bolts\ plastic clips that connect it?

View attachment 141263

And one more question... There are a lot of openings at the bottom part of the front bumper. Specifically those 2 big openings. Is this alright? No risk of damaging the radiator?
View attachment 141264

Attachments

• front bumper.jpg
    front bumper.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
  • rear bumper.jpg
    rear bumper.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21

wayne scott

Nov 4, 2019

View attachment 141263

View attachment 141264
remember that you have to put the car jack in some of the holes :) big opening at the front no problem I have the bonnet opening lever in this area

Latest posts