Hemmings Find of the Day 1970 Camaro

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by PaulC, May 20, 2020.

1. PaulC

PaulC Member

2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

That has been on ebay for about a year,even has a fashion model in some of the listings,I'm guessing the market just isn't up to paying that much for a standard car-I know where there is a 70 red rs 307 3 speed car with 9k miles in garage unused since 78,probably will be a mess as it has not moved in 42 years.The 80 year plus female owner will pass and it will get freed someday-Later Steve!!

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

Nice car, but I'm not too sure about a few things. The paint on the motor looks red and I think it would be Chevy orange, but the underside pic looks about right. The AC compressor has a muffler on it and I thought that was for later 2nd gens. The alternator fan looks like chrome. I also thought it would have the deluxe door panels and shifter bezel, too. Never seen those kind of hub caps on a Camaro before. I know it doesn't say that it's a survivor.

Again, nice car but personally, I would rather spend $28K on a car with an RS, SS, or Z28 option, higher mileage, and not as nice. Good luck to the seller.

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I agree with BillyDean. The engine does look red. I'm betting the flipper pulled it, detailed the engine compartment and the engine was painted. I also wonder if the "repaint" was done by the flipper.

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Maybe I'm looking too close? Not sure but does this look like a replaced quarter panel? Seller is not commenting on any panel replacements so no foul if replaced I guess. Seems odd to have wood trim on gauge panel and wheel but not on shift plate and doors. Separate RPO for that trim only?

hemmings camaro.jpg

hemmings camaro2.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  6. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Link no longer seems to work??

Z23 option got you woodgrain accents on steering wheel and gauge cluster

That quarter panel is original, it has the square indent! That is a 1970 only rear quarter panel!
    Starting in late June/early July during 1970 production the quarter panel was structurally changed slightly. The indent shape was changed to a elongated or tear drop shape.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    BillyDean7173 likes this.