Hey can I post on a 56 step side thats part Camaro ??

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bobo, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

I finished my 79 Camaro last summer .. Ive got a 56 Chevy Step side Shorty Im doing now ..Can I post about it ?? Its going to have a Z motor Tranny and Posi rear end ..Does that count ?? ..L.O.L.. Heres a pic of my 79 .. Wish I had taken more Build pics now ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Bring it on!
    It's closer to a Camaro than a gun and lord knows there's enough threads about them.

3. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Why not, just throw in some obligatory pics of the Camaro once in awhile.

4. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Well alright then ..Im doing it ..I ran a add on craigs list for a Old Chevy truck ..A guy called me up and said I got a 56 chevy shorty ..He had bought it when he was 16 and is 28 now .. The guy he got it from had done most of the metal work and for some reason had fallen out of love with it ..The guy now selling it had towed it home and stuck it behind his Dads place .. It sat there 12 years and Pa wanted it gone ..How Much ?? $350 I went and looked at it . Most of it was there but somebody had stolen the front fenders out of the box . Also missing the inside tranny cover and a bunch of small stuff . No motor or tranny ..I found some good solid but dented front fenders for a $100 after searching for months .. These things rust out real bad in the fender department . Hard to find and expensive new .. These ones came from Washington state ..Very Solid .. Heres a pic of her loaded up and ready to come home the first night ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  5. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

During Mid Summer I started sand blasting the front clip ..I have a Harbour Freight preasurized sand blaster . Works nice for the $60 I paid for it ..I tried it first on a dented bad fender that I had a replacement for .. Scared it would Wrap with the blaster ..Old Betsys tin is so thick it just laughed at it and said is that all ya got ..L.O.L..They built these Old Girls back then ..
    I then found out my fishing buddy was tapping my wife ..So the truck went on the back burner while I was trying to make sense of it all . The truck has now become my santuary to get my mind off of things ..Feels good just to get in the shop and work ..i Found a 87 Z28 305 HO with 50,000 miles on it for $50 ..The guy replaced his motor with a 383 ..He also had a TH350 with a shift kit in it for another $50 ..Thats what Betsys getting for the time being ..Im on a Budget due to Circumstances ..[​IMG]

6. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

I partitened 1/2 my shop off and made a blasting booth ..Its winter here and way to much snow on the ground to blast outside ..Yes I wear a resperator , have fans and keep the doors open while blasting .
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]lbums/ab1/bobo54501/2007_01120017.jpg[/IM[​IMG]G]

8. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There was alot of Junk and surface rust on this puppy after being around over 1/2 a century ..Its pretty solid for being up in the great northwoods with its salt ..

9. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looking good. I was kicking around a "partition" like that to blast in my garage. I even thought of running the tarp under the vehicle too. Looks like the wrinkles would be a pain though. I will probably do it, all I am blasting is the underside and frame on mine.

10. IDLZRUF

IDLZRUF Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Awesome I got me a 56 from a friend in exchange for meachanical work they are sweet trucks.
    [​IMG]