Hey can I post on a 56 step side thats part Camaro ??

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bobo, Jan 16, 2010.

1. mmike

mmike Member

Looks like a good project. Keep the updates coming. I have a 55, with camaro, rear end trans/eng, and other bits.
    Are you moving the fuel tank? the extra leg room is nice.

2. arick793

arick793 Veteran Member

Nah blasting is boring. Once you start fabricating and welding and painting stuff then you'll get plenty of fans! Your truck should come out real nice with the effort that you're putting into it. I work on my 79 Camaro to blow off some steam that my soon to be (but not soon enough!) ex wife can build up in me, it's definitely cheaper than therapy and you end up with a cool car in the end!

3. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Hey arick ..I have a soon to be Ex wife to ..Mine thought it would be a good Idea to Hump my married fishing hunting buddy ..Good Friend and Wife ..L.O.L..He blew her off . Must have found out she was a dead F%#K .Heck all he had to do was ask and I could have told him that ..L.O.L...But Ya cars (( And Trucks )) Are good therapy ..Its Cheaper than a shrink and keeps you from loading the Old AK ...L.O.L... I often wonder how many other cars are built from the pain of heart ache ..Anybody else out there ?? Hang in there Brother .. Better days are coming ..Least thats what I tell myself ..L.O.L.. I checked a few of those dating sites .. I think the Old Bobo is going to be single for a VERY LONG TIME ... Its Scary ..
    The pics below is kinda what im shooting for ..I think ill make the whole truck Orange thow like the head light bezels , grill and Bumper ..Or do those parts in Gold or Bronze ..It will be lowered around 3 inchs . I have a set of Cragar sst wheels I might use with 60s on the back and 70s in front ..Somebody asked about the fuel tank ..Yes ild like to put it in the back but money is a little tight right now ..I will someday ..Im hoping to cruise this Baby on the 4th of July ..Dont know if ill make it or not ..Maybe next winter Ill move it and put in Power steering and Windows .. Thanks Guys for letting me know your out there ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. LSXZ28

LSXZ28 Veteran Member

Sweet project! And hang in there with the trucks and cars - they never cheat on you! If you get lonely, get a dog - they are faithful too! :p

5. BTTB71SS

BTTB71SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Great progress so far. Looks real good.

Yep cars are great therapy when things get screwed up in your life..

6. BusDriver

BusDriver Veteran Member

Heck of a job on blasting it all like that. Nothing like a good foundation.

7. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Well I got a little more blasting done but not worth taking pics of . But whats cool is the other day I was going threw some stuff to see if the soon to be EX had any more crap here . I came across our old Digital camera that was broken .It still had the chip in it ..I put the chip in my current Camera and WHATS on there ?? Pics of My Camaro Shortly before painting and pics the day after ..Thought I could share them on here ..It also reminded me that Im glad I have a shop now instead of working outside ..L.O.L..Heres some pics ..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG]http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/bobo54501/005_5.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/bobo54501/007_7.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry the order of my pictures got goofed up .

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  8. joe-balls

joe-balls Veteran Member

nice car and truck, keep up the good work and keep the pics commin.

i dont have an ex wife but i work on my car to get away from the nag LOL, so i don't end up with an ex lol. oh yeah make sure you put the camaro in someone elses name before the devorce lol (maybe a friend you can trust).

Don't give up

Joe

9. mr. jones

mr. jones Member

keep up the work on the truck man. I tried to buy a 59 apache stepside my freshman year in high school. had the rearend and 350 motor out of a 73 camaro. was gonna be a father son project but the guy sold it out from under us. Still love that truck adn i still remember the VIN off of it. Im lookin forward to more pics from you

10. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks great, its good to see all that rust being obliterated instead of just covered up with POR 15 or whatever