Hey can I post on a 56 step side thats part Camaro ??

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bobo, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Thanks Guys ..I finished the cab and Chassis today .Tommrow im gonna role it out of the shop and into the other side so that I can blast the main part of the box .The step side fenders are already done .Never thought it would take as long as it has . Im blasting pretty much every square inch of it inside and out . Do it right the first time . Ild like to see my Grand Sons drive it to the prom thats only 14 years away ..Im 50 now and dont think ild like doing rust repair at 70 ...L.O.L.. Mr Jones .. I had a guy buy a 55 panel wagon (( The one that looks like a Nomad )) out from under me 30 years ago and Im still mad ..L.O.l...The Camaro I bought in 1993 . I got married in 2001 . In Wisconsin anything that is bought and paid for before the Marriage is personal property and not maritial ..Dodged a bullet there .. Luckily my house was all paid for before I met her to .. ...Ill tell ya this .. If you have a wife thats tried and True .....%uck her before she %ucks YOU !!!

2. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

By the way .. Can Anybody tell what type of Paint is on the Camaro ??

3. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Well I finally got all of the blasting done . THANK GOD !!!! I was going to blast the main box body as a whole but then I saw that it brakes down in to 8 different parts so I took her apart . 3 of the bed cross braces arent in the pictures . I got extra ambitious and primed and painted them . They were busy drying when I took the pictures .. Man it felt great to be putting paint ON for a change ...L.O.L... I played around with the front fenders . They came out of Washington state and were nearly rust free .. (( Dont you guys use road salt out there )) Problem is one was hit in the front and the other in the lower rear . I got them for a $100 for the pair delivered . New ones ranged from $450 to $650 a piece pluss shipping . I can straighten them but it will take some love and time . That front has many angles to it where it was hit . If you ever feel the need to pound on some heavy duty tin try one of these ..L.O.L... I think ill get the frame , bottom of the cab , and the firewall in paint first then I can start on putting the motor and drive train in if I get tired of body work .. I was on the old Craigslist the other day and a guy had a set of wheels like the one thats shown . He had 4 wheels and tires with about 3/4s thread left and Lug nuts for $125 . He bought a 69 Chevelle and put some 18s or 20s on it so he didnt want these . It was a nice car but personally I hate big rims on old school muscle . Just Me ...Tires are 245/60/14s . The beauty of this is the truck will have the same bolt pattern as my Camaro . So now I have a set of American Racing Bandits , A set of Cragar SSTs and these rims to swap between car and truck when Im in the mood . Boy I love Craigs List .. By the way If your ever crazy enought to sand blast in your shop like I was ...By prepared to spend a good day cleaning your shop up and blowing all of the dust out ..My Multi disc CD changer isnt real happy about the dust in it neither ..Hopefully I can take it apart blow the dust out and she will work again . Right now it just keeps changing discs and telling me theres No Disc . OPPS !!! Maybe theres just to much dust on the lazer ..

]htIMGtp://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/bobo54501/2007_03030037.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I remember those days. Those trucks are so easy to work on and the best part is everything comes apart. Keep at it and it will be going back together before you know it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    I love the style of those trucks!! :)

6. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Thanks Guys !! Nice 57 and Camaro you have there Gutted72 .

7. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Thanks Bobo. What do you plan on doing for the bed? Are you going back to the wood or are you going a different route?

8. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Im not sure what to do gutted . They had a piece of plate steel in there . That just doesnt get it for me . One thing I saw that was cool on a 56 was the guy sheeted the floor in CDX plywood then carpeted it . Then he sheeted the sides and covered that in a heavy vinly material with a pattern sewn into it . Then he built a cap that went over the bed .That would be a pretty big project right now seeing I want to go for a cruise on July 4th . Otherwise Im thinking about getting Oak boards at home depot and routing the edges then Marine sealing them .I do love that wood look in a box so thats probaully it . Problem is Im not sure what combination of board sizes they use . Is your box in Wood ?? Any chance that you could measure your Boards for me ??
    I got a chance to shoot some primer on the frame ..I used Valspar Primer . You can put thier hardner in it .Its rust preventive .Really tought stuff once it sets but its pretty slow at setting up all the way .Plan to shoot it in black on Monday ..Looks kinda cool in white thow doesnt it ?? Ive got the next 2 days off and plan on starting the Mud Work ..Beats the blasting by a long shot . ...L.O.L...
    Im looking for a B&M Unimatic shifter and a set of Cool center bolt Valve covers for a SBC ..If anybody has some reasonable ..I also need iner fenders and the tranny cover that bolts to the floor if anybody has some they want to sell or swap for stuff . I have a Edelbrock Performer Pluss cam New in box if anybody needs one and a real decent Camaro drivers seat and Back seat in the brown fawn color . Sorry no pasengers seat .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

I found those pics of the box . Its from a guys truck thats on Ebay right now . Only $32,500 Buy it now or make offer . Boy she is pretty thow and built right ..Tell me your oppinions of either wood or built like this guys .. I Got some good news the other day to . Finally got a Final Divorce date 4/7/2010 ..Ill feel better when Im out of Limbo I think .. At least Ill know what ill have to move forward on ..The Not Knowing works on your head sometimes . Peace Larry .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  10. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I'll take some measurments a little later today and let you know.