Hey can I post on a 56 step side thats part Camaro ??

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bobo, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

Thanks Joe the encouragnent on the 56 ....Ford on this site ...Well ...I was a GM Good Wrench from 1985 to 1994 ..And thats why I drive Ford Trucks ..L.O.L...GM quality took a dive in the early 80s and early 90s ..Not sure if its better now ..I saw some real nightmares .. Im sure Ford had there share to ..I wanted a Diesel to run on Veggy and Ford was the only viable one to try it on ..Name me one good GM Heavy duty diesel in a 1 ton or less ?? GM was all medium duty ..This Ford motor is a International ..Heck they run the same engines in School Bus and Role backs .. Parts are cheap to ..Cummins injector pump $1200 .. Ford 6.9 ...$250 .. So thats why its Ford ..To bad they didnt make a Diesel back in 56 ..L.O.L...

2. Bobo

Bobo Veteran Member

well I had to role the 56 out of the shop to paint the dually ..First time she has been in the sun for awhile ...

[​IMG]

Anden my Grand Son was more than happy to help steer it ..But when he got out of her he looked at me like ...Gramps Whats up ?? This doesnt go out here ..L.O.L..The Boy will sit in the Old truck and Play drive it for hours if yould let him ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All things considered ..I dont think it looks that bad for 30 hours of work and $125 in Paint , Hardner , Reducer , Masking tape , Paper ..and Sand Paper ..At least now I dont think the State Patrol will pull me over because My Body parts are flapping in the breaze ..L.O.L...A couple of more hours to put her back together and back to the 56 .. By the Way ... Soon as I got the truck shot in paint we had a servere storm warning ..Here I got 1 truck in paint so fresh if your wife walked by it she would have to slap it and a Bare Metal truck outside waiting to rust at the first drop of rain ..We Scrambled and got the 56 in tarps JUST before the wind and rain came ..Wind was going 60 pluss for awhile but the tarps stayed on ..Guess Anden was right .. It sure didnt belong out there ...L.O.L..

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010