High dollar 73 Z28 from Barrett Jackson 2012 for sale on Ebay.

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by McCune, Jan 12, 2017.

1. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

RS was added, and a couple other little things, but nice car, nice color.

2. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

Ever wonder why there's always a bar in close proximity to the bidding floor?

Alcohol + ego = too much spent

Zstar likes this.
  3. DUKEC4S

DUKEC4S Member

I was at Mecum Kissimmee yesterday and saw that car first hand. Strong $ warranted. You can clearly see the level of restoration.

On the other hand, I looked at a no reserve 73 auto with an LS2 that sold for 35k. I talked to the owner at length. Poor example of an F body. Non rally sport front end with split bumpers, obvious patches of filler, uneven panel gaps everywhere, low level paint job, incorrect striping. Maybe stronger money on F bodies right now cause the 73 was no way worth 35k.
    18-20k on a good day. He marketed it good though!...lol!

4. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Have been watching the auction on TV today. few Camaros went for some good money. Guess at the end of the day the car is worth what people are willing to pay. good or bad.....

5. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

i see a trend across the hobby that LS1(GM)/392 Hemi (Mopar) crate fuel injected resto mods are the hot ticket, along with survivor cars (even with scrapes, minor damage) on original paint are going for well more than restored examples.

6. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

So:

Counterfeit rare car with matching motor- checks all the boxes. Sells for big $$
    Authentic rare car with period correct engine- <yawn>

Obviously that car is not apples to apples to mine on condition, but seems to me starting with the real thing would be,,, important. Lol.

7. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

people will use anything as a bargaining chip. if you're not hurting for the cash hold onto your #. we are in a tough time right now and not everyone has $35-45k to throw at a toy. Remember, the market can dictate what it wants, but it only takes 1 buyer who has a hot button for your car. The higher the price, the longer it will take. Especially as you said, there are clones/tributes going for 15-20k less than yours that are restored drivers (some people don't care about documents and have a small budget).
    I've had my 69 Roadrunner for sale for a while now (1/2 heartedly) and got 6-7 offers 3k below my asking price. That would tell me that the current market is that price, and I am at the high end. I'm not in a rush and thankfully don't need the $$$, other than boredom and want something different.
    My car is fully documented, fully #'s matching (body panels included) with owner history complete and a high #3 low #2 car. but there are crate hemi cars that are asking 10k more than mine and no original paperwork. That means squat to me, I will take the $$$ that "I" see fit, if not I still have a kick ass car that turns heads and is fun to drive...like yours!!
    Good luck.

8. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

As far as I know, bidders get free booze........There's a reason for that!

9. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

Great advice, and I appreciate all I can get. I can definitely afford to keep the car, and the best part of the experience has been filling in nearly the entire owner history. I had nothing when I originally purchased the car... I'm more connected to it now.

But I had buyers teed up if I could offer that motor with it. People want the car at a higher premium with the motor. I understand that. The motor increases the value of the paperwork AND the vehicle. It completes the package.

What I don't understand is people having much less interest in owning the car (at a lower price) without the vin matching motor. And I bought the car to drive it. Now that I'm pretty confident the motor has been located, that enjoyment comes at a greater risk.

10. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

One other thing:

I love the full bumper cars too. Anyone with a 'matching' full bumper car that restores it as an RS,,, well, that's unfortunate IMHO. But they were certainly rewarded.