hit and run damage

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by 2FAST2z, Aug 19, 2016.

1. 2FAST2z

2FAST2z Veteran Member

I had someone nice enough to hit me and not leave a note a few months ago on the left front. How would you guys go about fixing this? i hate to get a whole new cover. Thanks for any advise.

Attached Files:

2. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not sure what I would do, But I feel yer pain,

3. Randy S

Randy S Veteran Member

The urethane is torn, so one option is to locate a local body shop that can weld/fuse it back together. Ask about whether they can hot soak it before they give it back. There's some process where they put stretched urethane in a hot tank and it help it regain the original shape. Not a magic bullet but worth a shot if you don't want to replace the nose piece.

4. 2FAST2z

2FAST2z Veteran Member

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

One thing for sure. You will have to remove the cover to do the fix. 3m makes a two part flexible repair kit that works well. I use worn red scotch brite pads to back up the repair instead of screen. Work the epoxy into the pad and stick it in there after scuff and clean up first. use tape or what ever to hold the repair patch in place. so it does not shift. The area around the head light is a tougher spot to work but not impossible. A heat gun is all that is needed to shape things back. get it hot and move it to where you want then use a cold water on a wet rag to wipe the area and it will set while still holding it in place. It may take a few tries. I have repaired much worse. The stuff I used 5895, I got at my local body shop supply. There are several types. It has gone up in price since I last used it about 55.00 for the kit. There are a bunch of how to vids out there. Give it a try.