Holley 300-36 Street Dominator Intake

Eliminator SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 14, 2002
South East, Nebraska
So on a local sale group a member posted an old school holley street dominator 300-36 intake and 780 double pumper carb setup. It is all well used and needs cleaning up / reconditioning to be used, but he wants $300 for it.
I remember guys saying that the 300-36 is the old intake that holley copied from the Z28 intake with the exception that the 300-36 actually produced more horsepower. It's accepted as a nostalgic modification with class. I'm just curious what this setup is actually worth, and how rare really is that intake manifold these days?

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
I have one of those intakes sitting on the shelf. Nearly new... used it maybe 2 years and then tore the car apart. Went different route when I put it back together.

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
I'm running one on my car now. It's the 4th combo I've used it on. Very versatile, IMO. Mine does have a hairline crack at the rear vacuum port that I need to have repaired one of these days. Got a little grease wiped in the crack now that seals it pretty good...but still need to repair it correctly.

Eliminator SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 14, 2002
South East, Nebraska
That's kind of what I've been gathering. I just think $300 is a bit much for it. I don't buy used carbs for more than about $100 and I thought the intake was worth about $100 last I checked into it. But that's been several years ago and was curious what it might be worth. Good info on the crack, I wonder if they are prone to doing that.

GoldenOne7710

Equal Opportunity Offender
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 23, 2004
Athens, GA
I'd imagine he's justifying the price due to it being discontinued. It truly is a fine intake that works well thru the advertised rpm range it specifies. I still don't know why Holley decided to pull the production...as good a intake it is/was.

Somebody out there will pay $300 for it believe it or not.

earnhardtgm3

Veteran Member
Dec 18, 2007
Camaro Country,GA
I have one on my as well. Very nice intake and I have added the FITech to mine. Motors performs well. As for the price, it"s up to you, as they are hard to find at times on ebay and such.

Phil G

Veteran Member
May 3, 2004
Tucker, GA, USA
monzapaint4.jpg

Is that what they used to call the "Z series" manifold? Divided single plane? I have one. Need to look at it for the number. I've used it on a "slightly warmed over" 4.3L (262.5 cid) V8 that was the original engine in my '76 Monza. Still have it. People told me the combo wouldn't work (Crane 350/327 cam. Holley 600. Headers.) Carb tuning was tricky ( pump cams/shooters, secondary springs) but the thing ran great!

Last edited: