Holley quick change jet kit?

350camaro

Veteran Member
Dec 4, 2002
MA
I am considering getting the Holley quick change jet kit for when I rebuild my carburetor this winter. Are the jets easy to change with this kit do you think it is worth spending the $120 on it?

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Do you know if the kit works with the stock brass fuel floats or do I need the notched floats for it? The Holley page does not specify this.

It should work with either type of floats. Two of my new FST carburetors have the fittings on the ends of the bowls to change jets without taking them off.

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
I am considering getting the Holley quick change jet kit for when I rebuild my carburetor this winter. Are the jets easy to change with this kit do you think it is worth spending the $120 on it?

Do you know if the kit works with the stock brass fuel floats or do I need the notched floats for it? The Holley page does not specify this.

I have done dozens/dozens of jet changes at the track/dyno in a day, never used one of those bowls. In racing, just 4 more locations for a potential leak...and that climb is not worth the view, in my view anyway.. but there's always a place for them .

You do not need special float, brass, nytrophyl/notch-wedge will all work. Just take both screws out, and insert a long thin flat screwdriver in the other hole to hold up the float, this will prevent the jet edge from hooking on the float.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Not to change the subject but how are those FST carbs working out for you?

I have only had a chance to try 1 of the 3 I bought and put the 650 DP on my street car. The car runs super good out of the box with nothing more than adjusting the idle mixture and speed. I was a little disappointed with 850 hp carb I got as there was no spec card and a few things were wrong on it. I have to contact them about this but since I have to fix everything anyway I went ahead and tweaked it and I think it will be fine. So even with this who else can you buy an 850hp carb form for $446, certainly not Holley or QF. Here is a picture of the newest one.

20201019_141634.jpg

OldDog

Jun 13, 2000
Churchville, MD, USA

I used one years ago and maybe they improved but got rid of it. I always felt like I was doing a balancing act in getting jets in and out. Just my opinion.

350camaro

Veteran Member
Dec 4, 2002
MA
Thanks for the feed back.

Right now I have a 700cfm double pumper with a Proform main body. I have decided to put 700cfm double pumper back together with a rebuild kit, and order the Proform billet base plate and metering blocks and the rest of the parts to build a second carburetor using the Proform main body.

Latest posts