Holley Sniper EFI upgrade (amazing price)

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by Chevy70, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

I looked at it yesterday at the "Goodguys" car show, they said they have a kit for tunnel rams where both throttle bodies work together

2. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So far so good. I only have 50 miles on it now and I have a bog I am trying to sort out but I think it just needs More learn time. The conventional wisdom seems to be that the key isn’t patience and giving it time to go through its learn cycle and if there are still any issues after a couple of hundred miles then to use the data logger to identify where they are and make adjustments. Seems a lot easiest than messing with jets, accelerator pump cams etc. Just go into the settings and make the changes. I just bought the data logging cable so I can share the data logs with Holley. The Holley forums are very useful and I am 100% confident that with just a little basic tweaking I will have it sorted.

I highly recommend it and with the added data logging capabilities there is a ton of assistance out there to help sort out any issues and give you recommended changes to your settings based on your data logs.

Mwilson likes this.
  3. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

The sniper system is great, we put it on a friends truck and it worked really well. Ensure your coolant temp sensor is indicating proper operating temp. As the cold start enrichment table could mess you up! If it bogs at operating temp its problably an accel enrichment. You can also increase holleys self tuning sensitivity to make it learn more aggresively! Enjoy

4. hutchenc

hutchenc Veteran Member

5. 10secGen2

10secGen2 New Member

Holley and Fitech DO NOT like cams with alot of overlap. I run a 110lsa comp cam and what a bitch to get it to idle good.. Use a 112 and up lsa to get good results. with big lopey cams the 02 sensor reads lean and dumps more fuel in... only way to make it work is to set the idle AFR to like 17.1 worked for me

6. need-for-speed

need-for-speed Veteran Member

Regarding replacing fuel lines for converting to EFI system: do any aftermarket companies sell hard line kits for such? Inline tubing?

7. 8pack

I just bought nickel copper tubing, a bender and -AN flaring tool and made my own.

John Wright likes this.
  8. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I went down to Advance Auto and used the same tubing as 8pack mentioned. That stuff is easy to bend and you can make a nice looking job out of it by using your hands to bend it. If you need to make sharp bends, like 8pack mentioned, get a tubing bender so that you can make clean looking bends without kinking the tubing. I recommend using an in the tank fuel pump, it makes the installation of EFi so much nicer IMHO. The pump runs cool and will last longer because it is submerged and it makes a lot less noise because of the same reason.

9. 8pack

Here are a couple shots of mine .I used a Robbmcc Surge Tank

IMG_20171001_141935.jpg IMG_20171008_162936.jpg

10. need-for-speed

need-for-speed Veteran Member

Thanks Guys! Making your own hard line sounds like a good idea. Did you run two lines - supply and return? Is this nickel copper tubing the "normal stuff"? The reason I ask is when I tried to find some about 2 years ago when I re-did my fuel line, all the auto parts stores I went in got a sudden case of the dumbass when I asked for it.

John, I am not 100% committed to the Sniper install, but i am about 90% there LOL. Doing all the research now (which to me is fun). If I do pull the trigger - I will go with one of the new replacement tank set ups designed for EFI conversion. I've seen too many posts where guys installed an in line pump, only to go to a new EFI tank set up later due to problems. Also - I see some are doing a returnless system, but with the possible fuel boiling issues (I know - prob not likely in a pressurized system) there should be a benefit to keeping the fuel cool.