Holley Terminator EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by spav350, Jun 3, 2014.

1. ssenay72

ssenay72 Veteran Member

I have one on my corvette (75) zz383. Well after we ironed out all the kinks it runs good. Blew an o2 sensor just tuning it. Ended up putting innovation motorsports adaptor on it to move it a little. Pin assignment was wrong from the factory (first 75 units shipped or so - just my luck). I have the computer controlled hei hooked up. Make sure that's synced the right way (check holley forums) or you'll chase the timing all over the place. Other than that which was just my luck items it is a simple system to install. I however did not bother with the handheld and set it up with the laptop almost from the get go. More tuning options if your going to dyno tune it.

2. spav350

spav350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I didn't even read that there was an option to tune via PC. Sure you have the Terminator? or do you have another system? I'm running an MSD 6AL, so luckily, I don't have to mess with any timing.

3. fhp1556

fhp1556 Veteran Member

I'm interested in using this system in the near future, subscribing.

4. ssenay72

ssenay72 Veteran Member

LOL ya im sure. And yes you most certainly can. Go to the holley forums and read up on various issues, options and tuning. ANd I also have a 6al-2 box with a small cap gm late model hei distributor fully controlled by the ecu.

5. spav350

10-4. When running a MSD billet dist, would any timing adjustments be required? I also have a remote timing control inside the cab. Would you think that would interfere?

6. spav350

What was the issue with the o2 sensor burning up and why did u have to move it?

7. ssenay72

ssenay72 Veteran Member

I don't think it would be an issue , its not " required " the ecu control timing but it has its benefits.

The o2 just flat out died, I have a feeling it was too deep into the exhaust flow and got water on it. I have side pipes on this vette, every spring it spits water. That's probably what did it.

8. stevenp3762

stevenp3762 BANNED

I'm curious to know what type of mileage your seeing with the efi? Thanks steven

9. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

I had a holley 750dp on my car before I changed to the fast efi.I'm getting between 3 to 5 mpg better since I changed.

10. ssenay72

ssenay72 Veteran Member

I don't know yet, but I don't look at mileage EVER. If I cared about that I would buy a prius LOL. I just want the performance. I put multi port injection in my 69 Camaro and it was night and day with drivability. Throttle response was just amazing and I picked up some power too. At the moment my throttle body is getting a mod for my trans tv cable at bowtie overdrive so its not together.